1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alleged Double Standard of KJVO's

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pastor KevinR, Jan 10, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor K, if you can get any reasonable response from any KJVO on that question, you've made quite an accomplishment!

The reason they won't respond is that the correct answer is the end of the KJVO myth-that it IS built around a great double standard. The KJVO is in a dilemma. He's faced with some unassailable facts that disprove his myth, but he thinks so much of this myth that he won't admit this double standard is true. However, he won't LIE about it because he's a Christian, so he simply keeps silent about it, hoping it'll blow over soon. Therefore, you have the KJVOs' deafening silence.

2. Orvie

Orvie New Member

willie And qs, still waiting for y'all.

3. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Well, qs, I just scanned again through the thread, and at the least you attempted to answer some of the posters.

4. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

I wish my KJVO friends would address these "alleged" or "proven" Double Standards :confused:

5. Bro. Tim L. Bynum

Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Of course we know the Textus Receptus is where
    the King James 1611 came from, Kevin
    Don`t know if I spelled it right...back off Ed
    I,ll get Max. [​IMG]

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Cranston, you've been skipping your daily medication again, haven't you ol'boy? You know I'm going to have to tell the nurse again. They get really upset in the asylum when patients do that.
    Now you're hallucinating again, seeing rabbits.

The arguement started when the devil inspired w/h to use their maligned method of dynamic equivelence to interpet the MSS, causing the whole stink and thereby "trusting" and I did say "trusting" "older mss that are corrupt and contradicty each other in nearly every parcel.
    Nurse! Better bring the orderlies and the strait jacket, he's reall been off it too long now! Don't forget the hypodermic with at least 500mg of methadone! ;)

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

See, nurse, I told you he hasn't been taking it, he's become totally incoherent.

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Is this the post yall keep ranting about? Hasn't anyone ever told yall the KJB translators referrred to "meanest" translations in 1611? BTW, you still use the same maligned and corrupt methods of even trying to define the Preface. [​IMG] :rolleyes: Nurse, better increase the dosage, they're really flipped now. Put orvie and kevin in separate cells, they're liable to hurt each other with their elbows. I know you can't stick your elbow in your ear, but they've found out they can stick each others' in their ears.
    [​IMG] LYTS

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quickening Spirit:"Cranston, you've been skipping your daily medication again,..."

"See, nurse, I told you he hasn't been taking it, he's become totally incoherent."

"Nurse, better increase the dosage, they're really flipped now. Put orvie and kevin in separate cells, they're liable to hurt each other with their elbows."

QSese for "I can't answer".

I won't go so far as to refer to you as a clueless jabroney, but at times you sure do ACT like one. You simply cannot address the topic here-"What do KJVOs have to say about the double standards evident in some of their arguments?"

Instead, you try to pull a "Will Kinney" and distract the readers from the clear, hard questions that KJVOs won't answer because the correct answers refute their myth.

And you sustain our assertion that, when cornered by questioning, the KJVO goes into ad-hominem mode. Thanx for boosting OUR side while shooting your own. Like German Panzer leader Gerd Von Runstedt said, after their quick WWII victory over France-"French General Gamelin was the best C-in-C WE ever had!"

Wanna actually try posting some answers to the topic's questions? Or is your myth more valuable to you than the TRUTH is?

10. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Is this the post yall keep ranting about? Hasn't anyone ever told yall the KJB translators referrred to "meanest" translations in 1611? BTW, you still use the same maligned and corrupt methods of even trying to define the Preface. </font>[/QUOTE]"meanest" means even the translations that aren't as good as the others. QS- Read the Preface again, if you are honest, and I think you are, you'll agree that the very same translators hold the very same view about translations as Cranston, BrianT, Orvie, myself, etc and would disagree w/ you, Will K, AA, and others who hold to the KJV Only view. The fact is that the KJV translators were not KJVO. [​IMG]

11. Orvie

Orvie New Member

I mentioned the following double standard on another thread, and it really wasn't addressed, so I was hoping maybe someone would address it here: KJVO's, Thou shalt be consistent: Why is the devil's 'name' capitalized as "Satan" in Zech 3:1, and yet, in the very next chapter, the Holy Spirit is named in lower case(4:6). Is this an "attack" on the KJV's part of the Holy Spirit? I am convinced this is another KJVO Double Standard, because if this appeared this way in a MV, the KJVO's would be all over it, like white on rice! But since it's in the KJV...silence! supressed! Minimize the KJV's inconsistencies, and magnify the MV's inconsistencies...HHMMMMMNNNNNNNN :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

12. Precepts

Precepts New Member

You're a disgrace to your regiment soldier, and you should be courtmartialed for propigating such garbage.

Now that's said, I already addressed your issue, Orvie. It is the printer's choice, not the translator's. It is primarily an English language text gliche and the PRINTER's unwritten law to capitalize what appears as a proper name. If you want to press the issue then I could look at it as if you yourself are promoting satan and bringing a reproach on the Holy Spirit, is that the impression you want to give?

Though it does prove how silly yall look to the rest of the internet browsers, Keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

13. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Blah blah blah--excuses, not reasons-blah blah blah-So, how do you KNOW this is a printing error? Can I still totally trust this edition of the KJV, even when the "jots and tittles" are out of whack?

14. Precepts

Precepts New Member

You know, Orvie, you really should make up your mind, at least ask the lord for His help in doing it with you.

I've made up my mind what you're asking is out of order and quite ridiculous at that. it is a blatant attack on the KJB, and that is it.

Yall have yelled it on the roof tops how KJVO's divide the Body of Christ and cause strife and divisions and schizms in the body, but I have conversed, fellowshipped, joked around, and pojked fun at each other all the while yall label me as some cult memember propigating false doctrine and such. I have yet to say that about anyone of you except now Scott Emerson Clark, and you know all about that. So make up your mind, you're certainly helping me make mine up to separate from the scowl. All the while yall are the ones causing a schizm, so decide, Orvie, decide.

Ephesians 2:14 For He is our peace, who hath made both one; and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us.

So, do you want to be supplying the devil with bricks and mortar to build more walls?

I'll go with Jesus, yall can hang around the destruction site all your want.

15. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Decide QS decide... do you want to be the attacker or the victim? Seems you want to be both. When you antagonize, its OK. When someone gives it back to you, you are being persecuted. Just another double standard I suppose.
    Oh, this is one of those conciliatory statements of yours, huh? Someone said things you didn't like so you complain... then insenuate that anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't going "with Jesus."

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone knows that the apocrypha is not scripture but not even knowing about it tends to promote a misunderstanding of biblical imagery as used in 2 Peter and Jude. It also causes one to wrestle with those texts that quote from the apiocrypha. Many of the seminaries that once taught its proper place now make the students ignorant of that issue. While at the saem time the people are asking for a truthful explanation of its proper place and why it is not in the canon.

17. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

There is also the decision of whether he believes that the KJV 1611 is the inspired, inerrant Bible for the English language or whether he chooses to not believe that in order to not be KJVO. He wants to hold the position of KJVO, but not have that label. It's another double standard.

It's always refreshing when I'm mentioned in a thread in which I'm not even participating in a debate, especially all three of my names. Let's one know that he is really making progress...

18. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have agreed to Scott's request to stop responding to QS, or Precept, or whatever he is, but I see the gloves are off now.

Anyone, who even jokingly, says he will report me to the Department of Homeland Security has a flawed sense of humor. Ain't funny, ya'll. The voices in my head tell me that.

You are over the top; you have no credibility. You say one thing, then say you didn't say it. Then you say you have been misunderstood and play the victim.

Another tiresome repetition of QS, or Precepts, or whatever he thinks he is

19. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Precepts (QS)don't you see the Double Standard? BTW, I have nothing against you name change, when I first became a member, I was known as RevKevin77. I think Will K was known as BrandPlucked...BTW, The primarly application of Eph 2:14 deals w/ Jew and Gentile.
    Having said that, let's take our wives out for Valentine's Day! ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Even a lost world believes anyone with voices in their head is demon posessed. Is this the impression you would like to give everyone?