1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alleged Double Standard of KJVO's

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pastor KevinR, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Precepts (QS)don't you see the Double Standard? BTW, I have nothing against you name change, when I first became a member, I was known as RevKevin77. I think Will K was known as BrandPlucked...BTW, The primarly application of Eph 2:14 deals w/ Jew and Gentile.
    Having said that, let's take our wives out for Valentine's Day! ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, sir, it deals with Jesus as the bringer of Peace to those who are God's people and those who were not a people.

2. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

That's the secondary application, the primary application is made clear in verses 11-13 (Eph 2) see also Eph 3:6 :D

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

That's the secondary application, the primary application is made clear in verses 11-13 (Eph 2) see also Eph 3:6 :D </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, I can see where your type makes Jesus second in every appilcation you make.

[​IMG]

4. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Originally posted by Precepts"Yes, I can see where your type makes Jesus second in every appilcation you make."

[​IMG] [/QB][/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, but facts are facts, that in Christ The Gentiles have Peace through Him, as the wall of separation has now been torn down. The Gospel was (is) "to the Jew first" and now, praise God we as Gentiles are fellowheirs! HalleluJah [​IMG] (where you mistook that I was saying Jesus is secondary is beyond me, unless you're trying again to sensationalize :eek: ) C U Later!

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So? You don't like it so much when some one takes what you say literally and w/o comprehension? Hmmmm? What's good for the goose is good for the gander afterall, huh?

[​IMG]

6. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Ah, don't worry about it, Kevin - those are the remarks that he makes when he has nothing of importance to say.

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Ah, don't worry about it, Kevin - those are the remarks that he makes when he has nothing of importance to say. </font>[/QUOTE]Ah, don't worry too much about it, Lord, he'll learn one day that you are God, no matter what his geek Greek texts tell him.

[​IMG]

8. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Ah, don't worry too much about it, Lord, he'll learn one day that you are God, no matter what his geek Greek texts tell him.

[​IMG] [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Herein lies the problem of most KJVO's.Don't rely on Greek, but the "new" language (relatively speaking)of English. And, BTW, the context of the passage in question, supports exactly what I said. Context, context, context, the three rules for proper interpretation. Even the English translation, KJV teaches what I'm saying if interpreted by context (instead of Precept's pretext) [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek:

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Pastor, if he obeys those rules he can't force his opinions onto scripture and misuse it.... :rolleyes:

10. Orvie

Orvie New Member

"....context (instead of Precept's pretext) [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek: "
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Precept's pretext now, that's funny and TRUE [​IMG] Is that what the "geek" says??? [​IMG]

11. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Ah, don't worry too much about it, Lord, he'll learn one day that you are God, no matter what his geek Greek texts tell him.

[​IMG] [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Herein lies the problem of most KJVO's.Don't rely on Greek, but the "new" language (relatively speaking)of English. And, BTW, the context of the passage in question, supports exactly what I said. Context, context, context, the three rules for proper interpretation. Even the English translation, KJV teaches what I'm saying if interpreted by context (instead of Precept's pretext) [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek: [/QB][/QUOTE]Why use what Paul condemned as to what is understood by the simplest of minds, you do agree don't you? Nah, I knew you wouldn't. [​IMG]

"Foolish, just foolish to even think God is the Lord" he says, all the while, we skip right along rejoicing in the Saviour's love, at peace with God, relishing in the peace of God, uh, the Lord for those who don't know any better, because they simply know too much.

[​IMG]

12. Precepts

Precepts New Member

But Pastor, if he obeys those rules he can't force his opinions onto scripture and misuse it.... :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]But, darling [​IMG] extra biblical practice comes from trying to explain English by the geek, uh, you and your Greek.

13. Orvie

Orvie New Member

qs does not have the rational abilities of most, as he makes no sense in his posts, but uses straw man arguments to make the text say what it ain't. As Pastor K said, Precept's pretext. and mr qs lacks the ability to interpret the passage normally. Hey, qs are you really Tim Bynum? A Bishop in the Nehushtan Pickled Version Sect?

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, darling extra biblical practice comes from trying to explain English by the geek, uh, you and your Greek. </font>[/QUOTE]Yep. Like you said, you aren't KJVO. You just think the KJV is superior to, and not subordinate to, the language God chose to give His Word in.

I don't know Greek- Wish there was time to learn it though. I know how to use lexicons and commentaries. Also, I pay respect to the original language texts and accept that the final appeal on all doctrinal issues must be made to them. I didn't choose Greek. God did.

However, God didn't choose the wording of the KJV... the Anglican translators did.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

16. Orvie

Orvie New Member

17. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Nah, I believe God got sick of the geek greek and allowed the KJB translators to put and end to the confusion the geeks propigate, yall just keep digging around in the slime pits for answers to your deluded minds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Nah, I believe God got sick of the geek greek and allowed the KJB translators to put and end to the confusion the geeks propigate, yall just keep digging around in the slime pits for answers to your deluded minds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I rest my case: qs has been inducted into the Nehushtan Pickled Version Sect...case closed.

19. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

And that is the final nail in the KJVO coffin. Confirm it or deny it, but you are definitely KJVO only if you believe 25% of what you've typed on this board. Riplinger and Ruckman have company in the KJVO camp.

20. Orvie

Orvie New Member

And that is the final nail in the KJVO coffin. Confirm it or deny it, but you are definitely KJVO only if you believe 25% of what you've typed on this board. Riplinger and Ruckman have company in the KJVO camp. </font>[/QUOTE]yep, agreed. qs is in the camp. 'By the testimony of two or three witnesses, let every word be established.' Guilty as charged. :eek: