1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Allen West on Obama and America?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Feb 3, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bush kissed the same Saudi royal tush that Obama is kissing now. Bush kissed the same central banker tush Obama is kissing now. Bush kissed the same transnational corporate tush Obama is kissing now. Might as well be arguing over which one was a better kisser than which one was a better liar. Obama wins in that contest hands down. Bush could spin a whopper but Obama takes the cake. In a violating the constitution contest Obama would still win but, he couldn't have done it without Bush and Cheney consolidating power in the executive and leaving him the framework for a "unitary presidency" and a domestic military force.

And for all the alleged obstructionism the republicans get blamed for they didn't do much to stop Obama from capitalizing on Bush and Cheney's precedents. They thought a "unitary presidency" and expanded police power was the only things that could keep them safe from outside threats whether "real or promulgated" as Henry Kissinger would say.

So the real question is of the two, Bush and Obama which is the better kisser?

#61 poncho, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have the answers, ponch, who do you vote for?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Write in of course! Guess who!

4. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

I don't normally get involved in these "discussions" mainly because I know that I tend and to get a little "passionate" in expressing my view points. By way of full disclosure I am an ardent conservative I believe that President Obama is one of the worst presidents that has ever been elected. This does not mean that I am an ardent supporter of former President Bush. While I believe that our current president has basically done his best to trash the Constitution I believe that Bush did a good job of getting the ball rolling. I believe that as Christians we are to be loyal to the cause of Christ first but I also see in scripture that we are to be good citizens to the country that we are part of (notice I did not say blindly loyal). There is MUCH to be concerned about spiritually speaking in this country and for one side to say that Bush harmed the cause of Christ more than Obama has is simply not correct. To be perfectly truthful both men will have MUCH to answer for in regard to how the used (abused) their God given positions of power and influence. Both men have failed miserably in taking a stand for the religion that they have both claimed. As a Christian I believe that my responsibility as a citizen of this country is to promote and support what I believe is most consistent with the Gospel of Christ and in that light there has been precious little to be excited about in terms of our recent political leaders. If we use the argument of promoting the cause of Christ as the criteria for selecting a president than there has been no one to vote for in a long time. To claim Bush was an emissary for Jesus is blatantly false. To claim that Obama is a better emissary than Bush is also Blatantly false. People that claim these things for either man are either incredibly naive and uninformed or they are simply putting their views (right or left) before the truth.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree :thumbs:

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lost interest in this thread at about the same time participants started trying to decide who was the toughest.

Grow up , Gentlemen.