1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alone Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Santha, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Santha

Santha Administrator
    Administrator

Any watchers of Alone season 2 on History ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. I watch Pawn Stars, Forged in Fire, and Counting Cars on History.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Santha

Santha Administrator
    Administrator

I enjoy watching Pawn Stars and Forged in Fire too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never watched Alone - I watch Local News and sometime Fox News!! Oh, I really like When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel, I record it with my DVR in HD!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Santha

Santha Administrator
    Administrator

David McIntyre is the winner of Alone Season 2.
    Congratulations to David.

[​IMG]
    Courtesy : History.com

I personally liked him on the show from the get go.
    He is very patient and had a great attitude even when things don't go per his plan and when elements tested him.
    Being a baptist, he didnt swear on the tv ;)
    I would have flipped out, if I went hungry for 5 days straight.

David McIntyre has practiced wilderness survival in the Appalachian forests, Alaska, Brazil’s Atlantic Rainforest and in tropical Alpine ecosystems, just to name a few. In fact, he says he never feels comfortable living in a new location until he has survived in the area’s wilderness. David now lives in Michigan with his three children (14, 17 and 24) and is looking forward to exploring the temperate rainforest of Vancouver Island.

David is also a post-apocalyptic fiction writer from rural Pennsylvania. He developed a keen interest in wilderness survival and primitive skills as a teenager and spent many of his early years hunting, fishing, trapping and hiking the Appalachian Mountains. As an adult, he took this passion and traveled to Belo Horizonte, Brazil, where he founded the Per Ardua Wilderness Ministry and the Bushmaster Wilderness Survival School.

Full Bio can be found here
    http://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast/david-mcintyre

David's FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/DavidMcIntyreAlone/

Please join me in congratulating him!

#5 Santha, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I watch of lot of Hallmark... Then there is PBS which have a lot of good programs on there especially the Nature programs... We watch them together... I really like anything of an historical nature... Lot of good ones on the History Channel... Barbarians Rising was a good one and there is something about the West running now... We also watched TURN about the spies employed by Washington during the American Revolution... Then there is the local fair mostly America Ninja Warriors and a few others we record... Just finished watching the Olympic Trials... And we prerecord everything... Oh I forgot old movies on TMC... Well our TV schedule is full... We also buy DVD's and watch them... Haven't been to the movie theatre since we took the grandkids to see Monkey Kingdom... I believe it was a Disney movie... You know with all the potty mouth movies out there not once during Monkey Kingdom did we hear a monkey use profanity... Nature don't allow it... Ummmmm!... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  7. Santha

Santha Administrator
    Administrator

Love History, I am watching The American West, it is an amazing docu drama!

8. ginned

ginned New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    no interest here on this show in the past year? wow. Dave was the only one so far who was able to feed himself properly and that was only in his last month and only by luck. He found some rope that he used to weave a net. These folks just don't know what gear to take or what to do. They build elaborate shelters and cut/haul lots of wood "for the winter" and then they starve out before the winter ever arrives! :) They, one and all, have averaged losing at least half a lb per day, and some have lost a lb per day. So they have had no clue about how to feed themselves. 12 of the 37 entrants have tapped out cause they lost ferrorods, got soaked and couldn't warmup/dry out, were scared of animals, or cut themselves with an axe. Those 12 should never have been on the show. They just didn't have what it takes to even get started, yet some of them claim to be "survival instructors".