1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alpha course

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Psalm 95, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

What do you think of the theology of the Alpha course?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

Well, we have tha alpha course in my town, and it also quite popular in the rest of Sweden, even among som baptist churches. Put there is something that do not feel right and I am thinking and comparing to the Bible.

Thank you for the links you gave me. They where enlightning. It is obvious that the alpha course can be both very stange and charismatic . On the other hand there also seems to be possible to have the alpha course in a more moderate way choosing subjects and teach a better theology. But, a moderate alpha course may not be a real alpha course.

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

5. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

I actually think this is a sound advice, thanks. But living in a country where the alpha course often i seen as the best tool for spread out the gospel, it is important to be aware and knowledgable of the theology of Alpha.

6. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

When you study and know what the truth is (the Bible is the completed, inspired, inerrant Word of God), then you will be able to discern the false (in this case, the Alpha Course). Banks use this technique to teach their employees how to spot counterfeit money.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. (2 Timothy 2:15-16)