1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alternative Medicines/treatments

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Greg Linscott, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key to health is balance of energy. Each cell is "electrical". Cells are comprised of atoms, and atoms are energy.

So Eastern medicine (which would include OT Biblical teaching) that has developed over thousands of years, understands that energy/physics is the focus rather than chemistry.

The body will keep the blood as a level (there is not much room for variance or you die!) and it will not be until you are far down the trail of ill health that it will be indicated in the blood.

Testing electrical meridians of the body (uncovered by Chinese about 3000 BCE) is a neat way alternative health practitioners can see problems far in advance.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Dr. Bob, I must respectfully disagree. The "Chi" in Eastern medicine has nothing to do with physics and everything to do with shamanism, from which it sprang.

There is no objective data for the existence of meridians, and the testing of these meridians is not based on anything medical or scientific.

Cultlivating and accessing energy is found in all occult systems. If this is from God, then the psychic healing I received, the remote psychic healing I learned, and all the witches who heal are then doing things that are okay. Witches heal with energy, too. This energy is something unable to be quantified or measured and for which there is no scientific evidence. It exists, but it is occultic.

This is a long but excellent article on the concept of energy medicine and how a Christian should evaluate it:
    http://www.equip.org/free/DN068.htm

I urge all interested in this to read it.

This is one article from Dr. O'Mathuna's site at
    http://www.xenos.org/ministries/crossroads/donal/articles.htm#web (the article is on another site)

3. Lori

Lori New Member

While I don't believe that plants have any kind of special "energy" that will heal me or alter my state of mind, I do think that some do have chemicals in them that will do these things. I know that when I am stopped up and can't breathe I can rub vics vapo rub on and it will clear my nasal passages. So to I can do the same thing with a nice hot eucalyptis/or(any kind of)mint bath. Chamomile is got something chemical that relaxes a person, so if you're stressed just pray, read your Bible, and take a nice hot Chamomile(sp?) bath. Hey let's face it when you smell fresh cut roses don't you feel a little romantic?...it's something about the memories the smell stirrs.

azwyld
    <*}}}><