1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Am I blowing this out of proportion?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by john6:63, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

How very sad and pitiful. Where is the church leadership? If they let this go on they will get what they deserve. Even the secular community knew enough to remove this individual. This is happening far to often, to the disgrace of the church. It is little wonder the church has lost all respect and effectiveness in the world. If the church does not stand in these wicked days in the power of the Holy Spirit and by the Word of God, we have nothing to offer a lost and dying world.

Bro Tony

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Ephesians 4:11. It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,
    12. to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

The key word here is "SOME."

Ephesians 12:
    4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
    5. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.

I have always noticed that when people say that everyone in the church needs to be doing a specific thing, it's always whatever THEY happen to be doing.

MR

3. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

{Sorry, I don't think a child molester should even be in fellowship, but I also think we should stay on topic. I we want to gossip, we should start another thread.}

MR

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Before you jump to conclusions, don't presume he's guilty until he's shown so. My own brother was accused of child molestation, but by the time it was discovered that the mother (an ex girlfriend of his) had coaxed the boy into saying things that weren't true, the damage was done. It took years before my brother got back to living a normal life.

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Johnv,
    I understand totally what you are saying. However, I have seen and heard some of the things he has done that indicates pedophilia. He was bringing some of the children into the prophet's chamber that was part of our house when we lived in the parsonage. The only thing separating the two dwellings was a regular door. After one incident, I found bloody sheets on the bed. That was the hard evidence we needed and it was removed before anything could be done.

MR, point taken. The person that is guilty of these crimes is the person I was telling about that crammed the gospel down other people's throats on door-to-door visitation. I was simply stating how he was using the ministry and his "avid soul-winning" for one as a cover for his sins.

AVL, I will let you know if anything progresses with the ongoing investigations.

6. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

But that's exactly what D. James Kennedy does. (I know he's not Baptist). He always gives a little scenario about when you're in Heaven sitting around with a bunch of the other saints who are giving their testimonies of how many great things that they did for Christ and how many people that they brought to the Lord... Then it's your turn to give your testimony... What are you going to say?

First, I believe that the Holy Spirit is the one who calls and convicts souls to come to Christ.
    Second, When we get to heaven I seriously doubt that anyone will care much about what happened here.
    Third, If someone DOES care about what they did vs. what someone else did, that brings-up the parable of the workers who agreed for a penny who worked all day and the ones who only worked a short while got the same wage... jealousy.
    Fourth, The "what have you done for Christ lately" shaming smacks of works-based theology.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have spent numerous hours in towns I lived in knocking on doors. Some didn't like it and others have welcomed me. But over the years I have learned to be more caring and sensititve to the people at the door. As ambassadors we must care about the people we are talking to.

There have been towns I lived in where I did not knock on doors. Some large cities many of the homes have fences around them. But the best thing I have done is to train people. If they know their Bible well they will share because they have something to share. I take them through a two year program of basic discipleship principles including basic doctrine, a survey of the OT and NT, and a basic study on how to interpret scripture.

The results speak for themselves.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

But that's exactly what D. James Kennedy does. (I know he's not Baptist). He always gives a little scenario about when you're in Heaven sitting around with a bunch of the other saints who are giving their testimonies of how many great things that they did for Christ and how many people that they brought to the Lord... Then it's your turn to give your testimony... What are you going to say?

First, I believe that the Holy Spirit is the one who calls and convicts souls to come to Christ.
    Second, When we get to heaven I seriously doubt that anyone will care much about what happened here.
    Third, If someone DOES care about what they did vs. what someone else did, that brings-up the parable of the workers who agreed for a penny who worked all day and the ones who only worked a short while got the same wage... jealousy.
    Fourth, The "what have you done for Christ lately" shaming smacks of works-based theology.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Fifth, who are the saints in Heaven who are going to be bragging about anything? The following verses may not be applied properly, but they sure do look like they fit.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31
    27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
    28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
    29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
    31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One should be prepared to witness any time, any place...and as Diane said, not everyone is called to go door-to-door. The wise pastor realizes this, and is sure to not denigrate in the least members of his flock who do not participate in such a prog if his church has one.

This is from a man who's against any form of legalism in church, and is the vehement enemy of all false doctrines.