1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed By Grace?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jul 7, 2011.

?
  1. I am amazed by His Grace in choosing me, and we rightly sing "Amazing Grace"

80.0%
  2. I am amazed by my Faith, and we should sing "Amazing Faith"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. His Grace is what saved me, He gets the Glory

90.0%
  4. My Faith saved me, but I'll give Him the Glory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Thinking we are Saved by His Grace is wrong, Faith saved us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. To think Faith actually saved us is to miss the point of Scripture. It's about His Grace.

50.0%
  7. Without electing Grace, and the gift of faith, we could not be saved

70.0%
  8. God didn't choose me by Grace, I chose Him by Faith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I didn't choose God by Faith, He chose me by Grace

50.0%
  10. Faith transcends Grace, man controls being saved or not, not God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

There you go again always assuming I'm suggesting something, and always turning things to an arminian/calvinism battlefield.

Let me tell you something, If I wanted to say it, I'd make it clear as a glass of water; i.e. if I wanted to make my statement that you just replied to for and against arminianism, guess what? I would have said it right out in the open.

- Peace

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Did you forget the OP? Here, let me remind you:

You start a thread accusing Arminians of not being amazed by Grace, and not even believing that we are saved by Grace and you accuse me of creating the battlefield? Hmmm. :confused:

3. preacher4truth

You're not following context thus you are :confused:

My statement that you went off on was not directed at your arminian beliefs.

If it was, I would have aimed it and hit the bullseye no problemo. Ci?

Note the change when Jesusfan changed gears to a different topic, i.e. "enabling." Keep up with us here. That's what I responded to.

- Peace

#83 preacher4truth, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  4. Skandelon

Really, because you were replying to JesusFan's post which said, "Think , not you, but others posting on this discussion have to still really answer...."?

And you replied say, "Most go in circles around it, attributing it to mans faith, or indirectly to God, such as in the "message" but not fully attributing it to Him enabling directly. Somehow it is hard for others to do this, to give Him the Glory directly."

Who is MOST if its not the "other" posters beside you and the Calvinists here? And why did you refer back to your OP implying once again that salvation is only being attributed to man's faith (neglecting the role of grace)...something you accused Arminians/non-Cals of believing?

I'm interested to know who were you speaking of when you said "MOST," P4T?

5. preacher4truth

Some here are neither arminian nor calvinistic including myself. So "MOST" was not directed at any certain group, but to whomever the shoe doth fit. :)

- Peace

6. Skandelon

I'm sure you weren't implying that non-Calvinists wear that shoe, now were you? Nawww....you were probably referring to the Nephilim referred to in Genesis 6, right? Those dang Giants, always taking God's glory away and thinking God's grace can't save them! :rolleyes:

7. preacher4truth

Why would I apply something to my cal brethren that doesn't match their theology? That's a given.

Your theological trail above leading to another subject isn't too out of the "norm" on here, so I can see it going to that. :laugh:

I however want to stick to the matter at hand which has deeply injured you or something.

I think the biggest problem you have is with the word "MOST" and you assuming it only means arminians. You would be incorrect in your assessment.

Even non-armins believe in the way I expressed back several posts ago. Not all on here fall into the 2 camps.

- Grace

8. Skandelon

P4T, your faith has saved you, go in peace.