1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amercian Suicide: Its Dawn is Upon Us All !?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 11, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following is a speech, proved to be true by Snopes.com, from former Colorado Governor Dick Lamm. I hope his poignant words strike a chord of concern deep within the hearts of all members on this Board. Only when Americans see the real danger of illegal immigration, will they make a stand to get America back.

Amnesty is not the way. We must remove as many illegals as possible; secure our borders at any cost; and, abolish the anchor baby law.

Enjoy the article by Dick Lamm. It is superb:

Wherever you stand on this issue, please take the time to read this.We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington , DC , filled to capacity by many of America 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America .
    The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States . He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages oftime. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide."

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: "First, to destroy America , turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bi-cultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims."

Lamm went on: "Second, to destroy America, invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds."

"Third, we could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"Fifth. point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority placation."

"Sixth, plan for America 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precept.

People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell.

"E. Pluribus Unum" -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will " Balkanize " America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic c' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bi-cultural country, having established multi-cultum, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America . Take note of California and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's
    book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and " Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

Submitted by: Pastor Paul :type:

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Then it is a done deal so what is the way to the best of our new world?

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe You Could Tell Us...

... you seem to have a lot of answers. What do you think about this ??? It is not all "dark", nor, is it all lost! Allow this message to be a warning, and help the country to turn things around before it really is too late... :thumbs:

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet the same guy: "As a former liberal democrat Governor Lamb of Colorado said more than ten years ago, 'Old people have a duty to die and get out of the way.'"

Maybe he is trying to get us old guys attention so the bad guys can sneak up behind us. :smilewinkgrin:

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I understand the issue with illegal immigrants, I really do.

However, Gov Lamm's comments seem more directed at a treatise against multiculturalism than against illegal immigrants.

America has been greatly blessed by the diversity of cultures. What would Gov Lamm say should the one way of life that all Americans must adher to?

Is he looking back nostalgia and longing at the days when WASPism dominated American life?

I am sceptical about Gov Lamm. He is the guy who was in the forefront of the liberalisation of abortion laws and believes that old people should do their duty by dying and making room for the younger. It appears that he hates babies, old people, and anyone different from himself.

By the way, he is selective in his view of history when he says this 'History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.' Nations do survive and thrive with more than one language. Switzerland, for one, has four national languages and has done quite well for herself.

#5 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
  6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the Info on Lamm

While it is true, that I did not know of Lamm's past quotes and views, I still find his article to be insightful in regard to the future of this nation if we don't stop the illegals and kick those, already here, out.

America has way too many folks living here, ILLEGALLY, to properly care for, employ, and protect. The tremendous influx of illegals has overwhelmed every public agency in the country, states, counties, and cities.

Furthermore, the fact that these folks do not see the need to assimilate to this society is detrimental to our stability as a society.

We can't function as many different societies living under one flag while holding to patriotism, traditions, and native language under the flag from which they once came.

What made America great was the commitment, dedication, and determination of immigrants to become Americans. This is not happening today.

They come here illegally and stake their claim to a piece of America that they want mostly to become like their native homeland. This is absurd, and certainly not the way our founding fathers had believed it would be.

We need to thin out the crop of illegals; maintain tight control of the borders; and not only force those here illegally to apply for and become citizens, but, we need to offer them the ultimatum that assimilation is mandatory, give them a few years to become assimilated, or, revoke and deport them back to the country they so dearly hold unto in defiance of assimilating and becoming one with the rest of us.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I agree with all of your comments about illegal immigrants as far as the need to deal with their illegal entry.

However, I disagree with this whole concept of 'assimilate or leave.' America's richness has come from a diversity of cultures contributing to making her what she is today. I am always interested when I hear of this assimilation concept as to what new residents are supposed to assimilate to? All of us, except Native American are descended from immigrants. It is the amalgamation of immigrant cultures that makes us strong. I can hardly imagine if the early, primarily British, culture of the the US demanded that all new immigrant assimilate to the British way of life. Think of how different the America we love would be today. Again I ask, to what way of life must the new legal immigrants and citizens assimilate. What kind of assimilation test would you require after ten years?

I do understand the point of adapting to a new culture. I have leaved outside of the US for 15+ years. I would be a fool to not adapt to the ways of life here. Americans who come here and refuse to adapt eventually give up in frustration and go home. But I do have things I can contribute to this country as well.

We must find a balance. There does not need to be assimilation, but mutually profitable amalgamation. That is what made the US strong in the past and that is where her future lies in a changing multicultural world.

#7 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

At the moment what we're seeing, well what those of us who are actually paying attention see is balkanization of the U.S.A as directed by the huge multinatonal corporations.

The goal as always is one world government. The tactic here as always is divide and conquer. This isn't about assimilation this is about keeping us all distracted and at each other's throughts so we're less able to see and fight the real enemy of our republic.

The globalist elite who control both parties, the fiat currency, the military industrial complex and the mass dream media.

Take a look at La Raza's website and see all the transnational corporitos who "sponsor" this racist organization.

#8 poncho, Jun 13, 2010
  9. billwald

billwald New Member

My answer is: Even if the population mix changes and the political and business climate changes a young person in school today will do OK if he has at least normal smarts and is willing the work harder and longer and maybe craftier than the general public. Every political and economic has a top ten percent and a bottom 10 percent. Consider the story of Joseph in Egypt . . . .

The pain of change will mostly be felt by those who have been in the job market for 20 years or more, over 40 or so. It is hard to change long habits of doing things.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 c4k....

... isn't "amalgamation" that less expensive compound used by dentist to fill your decayed teeth ??? :laugh:

Maybe assimilation is not the right terminology, in your mind-set. But, there is an urgency here in America for those who are here, to adapt to the ways of this country. Not to do so, hurts the unity, and divides the peoples that make up America.

You come here because you believe this is the nation where your dreams can be realized. To defy the traditions of this nation, and to fly the flag and traditions (of your native homeland) in the face of those who have become truly Americans in heart, mind and soul, is only going to infuriate, anger, and divide those who are loyal to the red, white, blue, stars and stripes.

The Oath of Allegiance:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

I believe that a naturalized citizen must adapt, assimilate, become, more American if they are to live up to the oath they swear allegiance to upon their naturalization. The oath demands that they "bear true faith and allegiance to the same (the United States of America)."

Whatever terminology you choose to use, the facts are, those who come here and become a naturalized citizen, must slowly, but surely, drop allegiance to their old homeland, and grow in their allegiance to this country. To fail to grow more allegiant to America is to fail to live up to the oath they took.

I believe that your forefathers, and mine, did just as the oath demanded of them. While we held to our traditions, we freely gave up allegiance to Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Mexico, china, Japan, etc. and we waved the stars-and-stripes, not the flag of our native lands.

This is the mark of gratitude for being allowed to come here and start anew. I can't see a true American doing anything, but... to not grow loyal and allegiant to this nation is to spit on the oath of allegiance and those who came here and made America great!!!

For naturalization to truly work, transference of allegiance and loyalty to your new homeland (by taking upon oneself the traditions and ways of American life) is mandatory.

To not follow the ways of those who paved the way for todays immigrants, is to make naturalization fail.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 c4k....

... isn't "amalgamation" that less expensive compound used by dentist to fill your decayed teeth ??? :laugh:

Maybe assimilation is not the right terminology, in your mind-set. But, there is an urgency here in America for those who are here, to adapt to the ways of this country. Not to do so, hurts the unity, and divides the peoples that make up America.

You come here because you believe this is the nation where your dreams can be realized. To defy the traditions of this nation, and to fly the flag and traditions in the face of those who have become truly Americans in heart, mind and soul, is only going to infuriate, anger, and divide those who are loyal to the red, white, blue, stripes and stars.

The Oath of Allegiance:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

I believe that a naturalized citizen must adapt, assimilate, become, more American if they are to live up to the oath they swear allegiance to upon their naturalization. The oath demands that they "bear true faith and allegiance to the same (the United States of America)."

Whatever terminology you choose to use, the facts are, those who come here and become a naturalized citizen, must slowly, but surely, drop allegiance to their old homeland, and grow in their allegiance to this country. To fail to grow more allegiant to America is to fail to live up to the oath they took.

I believe that your forefathers, and mine, did just as the oath demanded of them. While we held to our traditions, we freely gave up allegiance to Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Mexico, china, Japan, etc. and we waved the stars-and-stripes, not the flag of our native lands.

This is the mark of gratitude for being allowed to come here and start anew. I can't see a true American doing anything, but... to not become loyal and allegiant to this nation is to spit on the oath of allegiance and those who came here and made America great!!!

For naturalization to truly work, transference of allegiance and loyalty to your new homeland (by taking upon oneself the traditions and ways of American life) is mandatory.

To not follow the ways of those who paved the way for todays immigrants, is to make naturalization fail.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

#11 righteousdude2, Jun 13, 2010
  12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Which is, apparently just what the giant transnationals want.

Elsewise they wouldn't be so "supportive" of racist organizations like La Raza (The Race) who have openly hostile intentions towards the U.S.A.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Although I still would disagree totally with you proposed legal requirement for 'mandatory assimilation' (that smacks of fascism to me) I appreciate your clarification. Your thoughts are much more reasonable that those expressed by Gov Lamm's hate-mongering rant in the OP.

#13 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  14. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I think you put forth a good analysis. And I wonder if Gov Lamm understands the economic reprocussions of eliminating all the cheep labor associated with it? It will cause an enormous inflation in our meat and produce sectors causing starteling increases in grocery bills. And at this time in our country with a large number being out of work. Food cost increases will decrease food banks and we will have a seriouse problem because of it.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

Permitting Mexican nationals to come here, do our dirty work, and send money back to their families in Mexico is a VERY efficient form of foreign aid.