1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

American Football or Real Football the Scientists Have It Right

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ulsterman, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Again I say Go Celtic!

2. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Ouch - expecting a comment about Chelsea from mnw in the near future :( [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Oh ye of little faith, Roger, expect a great night at the Nou Camp forthcoming. Come on the Blues!!!

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The English invented it. Charles Miller brought it to Brasil. The BRASILIANS perfected it. (No really, pentacampeao, 5 time World Cup champs I don't think anyone can argue) </font>[/QUOTE]Correction- The Argentines corrected it. :D Particularly Diego Maradonna. :D

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

If the USA can beat Italy in their first game, I think it will give them momentum to get to the next round. Who knows, anything can happen.

Now Argentina has the toughest group. [​IMG] I hope they play to their potential and shut the naysayers up.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Ouch - expecting a comment about Chelsea from mnw in the near future :( [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Oh ye of little faith, Roger, expect a great night at the Nou Camp forthcoming. Come on the Blues!!! </font>[/QUOTE]Frankly I am surprised by Chelsea's loss to Barcelona.

I am not a big fan of English Premiership football (I prefer Italian Serie A) but I do like Chelsea.

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

There is a lot of animosity between the two sides following last season's encounters, no doubt Barcelona upped their game, but as Jose Mourhino always says it is only 2-1 at half time!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But we have to outscore them by 2 in the second or they win :( .

8. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

So? We can do it. It isn't unheard of for Barcelona to be beaten 2-0 or 3-1. On the day Chelsea can beat anyone. C'mon, Roger!

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Ask my wife, when it comes to my sports teams I am the ultimate pessimist ;) .

10. mnw

mnw New Member

Hm, I guess all I can come up with at the moment is that at least Liverpool have a decent pitch to lose on...

And if you are only as good as your last game, then Liverpool are the better team. [​IMG]

11. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

What then does the term "Hooliganism" mean, and why isn't this term used in association with American football?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1998/hooligans/60146.stm

12. mnw

mnw New Member

Nothing in that article about hooliganism in the Premiership... Everywhere else maybe.

Why isn't that term used with American Football? Maybe because the hooligans are on the field... [​IMG] ;)

13. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member