1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

American TV series: 'REVELATIONS" wed 2005-04-13

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mr. messy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

From NBC.COM >Revelations. "Hour 1- Series Premiere 9pm 2005-04-13"

NBC.COM has the lead sentence as: "COULD THE END OF DAYS BE NEAR?" The web site has a section entitled "THE SIGNS." Some of these signs may be Satanic.

I saw most of it and taped it on VHS. It is a part of a six-hour event series.

I have concerns that this TV series will not do justice to our Biblical world view and may give more "power" to the satanist character.

It was a fast moving first episode. It has a TV rating of "TV-14."

The "believer" appears to be a Roman Catholic nun who quotes Scripture and asks. I wonder if the Roman Catholic church approves of this portrayal. TV has not always been favorable to the Catholics and to the rest of the preachers, believers.

Bible verses are shown briefly during this hour at times. The Nun quotes Bible verses...I hope these quotes are accurate but I am not sure. I do not know which Bible version it would be quoted from.

It is possible that some unbelievers may ask questions to believers because of this series.

I am just thinking out loud.

Thanks fo reading, mr. messy

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Find that ANY such show (horrid theology) will become "talking points" with friends and others.

WONDERFUL opportunity to share "truth" even though the show itself may be fraught with error.

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

The show itself is hogwash. It will get folks talking though.