1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Americans can leave Episcopal Church but stay Anglican

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Taufgesinnter, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

http://www.theamia.org/

"The Anglican Mission in America was born in Amsterdam in August of 2000 following three years of preparation.

"At Amsterdam, Archbishops Kolini of Rwanda and Yong of South East Asia gave the signal 'Full Speed Ahead' to what had been the First Promise Movement and AACOM (Association of Anglican Congregations on Mission),and the Anglican Mission in America was born. Bishops Chuck Murphy and John Rodgers—who had been consecrated Missionary Bishops to the United States from Rwanda and South East Asia January 29, 2000, Singapore—became the overseers of a dynamic Anglican mission on American shores. Four additional bishops were consecrated in Denver last summer, and things have been full speed ahead ever since.

"The Anglican Mission provides a way for congregations and clergy to be fully Anglican—connected to the worldwide Anglican Communion through the leadership in Rwanda and South East Asia—while, at the same time, being free of the crises of faith, leadership and mission in the Episcopal Church USA."

2. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

That's wonderful, but what's the point...
    Anglicans are better "Christians"? Just find
    another church.

3. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

But...but...they have apostolic succession!

Besides, they're very attached to the 39 Articles and the Book of Common Prayer.

4. LaRae

LaRae Guest

The only Church who has unbroken apostolic succession is the Catholic Church.

Are you trying to tell me that the King of England (head of the Anglican Church) is in the line of Apostolic Succession?

LaRae

5. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

LaRae, I think that Taufgesinnter is being sarcastic. If you look at his profile, you will see that he says that he is anabaptist.

I am sure that he doesn't believe in Apostolic Succession at all.

6. LaRae

LaRae Guest

LaRae, I think that Taufgesinnter is being sarcastic. If you look at his profile, you will see that he says that he is anabaptist.

</font>[/QUOTE]Hmmmm maybe he's a closet Anglican...I've seen him posting about this on at least two forums and I figured he was Anglican by the way he was approaching it....by the way when did anabaptists start supporting women's ordination?

LaRae

7. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

Who cares about Apostolic succession when all
    the "present" apostles are agnostic sex deviates
    or are powerless to do anything but shrug?
    Is GOD being exulted or taking second (or even
    third place) to the lust of men's hearts.

I guess everything is OK as long as one has a
    thing for Gothic architecture, silly robes, gold
    crosses, and whimps who don't accept the BIBLE
    as truth anymore...

8. trying2understand

Well, if Jesus did give the Apostles authority to "bind and loose" and the authority to pass that authority to successors, then perhaps Jesus cares. [​IMG]

9. mioque

mioque New Member

"Hmmmm maybe he's a closet Anglican."
    Using a name like Taufgesinnter actually suggests he's a closet Mennonite.
    a denomination that could be described as the 'REAL ORIGINAL Baptists' ;) :D

10. trying2understand

Kinda shows how schizo the prots have become.

Mennonites baptize by pouring.

Baptists baptize by immersion.

Mennonites are anabaptist.

If they are the "REAL ORIGINAL Baptists" who has it right and who has it wrong?

MikeS is right, with a "bazillion" local fundi churches, how is anyone supposed to ever pick the right one? :confused:

You have a better chance of hitting the lotto. :D

11. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Are you trying to tell me that the King of England (head of the Anglican Church) is in the line of Apostolic Succession?

LaRae
    </font>[/QUOTE]The Eastern Orthodox recognize the Anglican succession. The Anglicans' spiritual head, the Archbishop of Canterbury, is considered in the succession. The English monarch is only the titular head.

When did the Orthodox break succession?

12. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Not in any physical sense; only in adherence to apostolic faith and practice.

Oh, and my humor is extremely dry, and to get the same effect in writing, I do sometimes have to omit the smileys, since my face would be deadpan in person.

13. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

Actually, if Jesus meant for what HE gave HIS
    twelve to come down to us living today, then I
    possess it as do all other TRUE believers. And
    what these silly pretenders to the throne have is
    false humility and a desire for personal satisfaction --- GOD has no claim on the likes
    of these...

14. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Nope, not Anglican at all. I just favor being conservative--so if somebody's gonna be Anglican, then really be Anglican! [​IMG]

Our 1632 confession of faith recognizes female ministers.

15. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Closet? :confused:

{We're usually called Taufer (Baptists) in Europe.}

16. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Kinda shows how schizo the prots have become.

Mennonites baptize by pouring.

Baptists baptize by immersion.

Mennonites are anabaptist.

If they are the "REAL ORIGINAL Baptists" who has it right and who has it wrong?

MikeS is right, with a "bazillion" local fundi churches, how is anyone supposed to ever pick the right one? :confused:

You have a better chance of hitting the lotto. :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]Prots? Anabaptists are neither Catholic nor Protestant, but the "third" way. And since we're not "fundis" either, I don't quite see the connection.

P.S. The Baptists used to baptize by pouring too.

17. LaRae

LaRae Guest

LaRae
    </font>[/QUOTE]The Eastern Orthodox recognize the Anglican succession. The Anglicans' spiritual head, the Archbishop of Canterbury, is considered in the succession. The English monarch is only the titular head.

When did the Orthodox break succession?
    </font>[/QUOTE]What are you referring to when you say Eastern Orthodox? Here's a link that lists ALL churches in communion with Rome:

http://www.ewtn.com/expert/expertfaqframe.asp?source=/ewtn/experts/conference.htm

LaRae

18. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

I mean...the Eastern Orthodox. Since the Roman Catholic Church recognizes their orders as valid, I have to believe that they consider the Eastern Orthodox to still be in apostolic succession.

Eastern Orthodox includes Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Serbian Orthodox, Romanian Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, and I forget how many others. They include the jurisdictions of the Patriarchs of Constantinople, Antioch, and Moscow, among others. The bishop of Rome and the Latin Church have been in schism from the Orthodox since 1054.

19. LaRae

LaRae Guest

If you read the link I provided then it should make it clear. We hope for the day that the Orthodox return to Rome after there break in communion.

There is only one Pope and he is the head of the Catholic Church and all those in communion with her.

LaRae

20. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

And the Orthodox hope that Rome will repent of its break in communion and one day return to the "One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church."