1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America's Albatross . . . Illegal Aliens?!?!?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 5, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On day, American and World History will write that one of the reasons America fell from greatness was due to the politically correct albatross that "choked" the spirit out of her legal freedoms and the life out of her economic stability!

Many of you may be tired of paying for people (on welfare) to sit at home and watch Oprah all day, but I am tired of watching my tax dollars pay for the education, health and welfare of people who have come across our borders without proper applications and documents, then kick and cry when they face being deported.

It's time they all go back to their native lands and stop choking and suppressing the American economy, and those who are legal American's now living on unemployment insurance and welfare!

The government needs to have a quota on the number of people legally allowed in our nation each year, and they need to enforce that quota by removing the violator's and deporting them posthaste! :applause:

If Hollywood and the liberal-bleeding-heart-society-types don't like it, they can go with the deported, and see how long their liberal opinion's will make them popular in the illegals' native land?:thumbs:

Enough said!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul, I do agree with you, but its not just the illegals.
    I always think of what a local Syracuse (so-called) talk radio host said: a (single) women should be able to have as many children as she wants - and if she needs (financial) help, it is the responsibility of the community to (financially) take care of her children

BTW - he is a staunch Roman Catholic - does not believe in abortion or birth control - but he does accept those who live the hom0sesual lifestyle

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Salty you have a point. And, I am all for cuttinf off aid for additional children past the first accidental one for unwed mothers.

But, I think welfare abuse pales compared to Medicare and Medicaid abuse.

Not to mention the abuse of the TARP and other Bailouts.

Then there's Fanny Mae and Freddi Mac's abuses...

And NO ONE is trying toget OUR money back!

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Really? You think a relatively small group of the total population is going to have that much influence on history? I doubt it.

In a thousand years they historians will probably see the illegal immigration issue as a blip on the radar. Sort of like we view the rhetoric related to Irish immigrants in the early 1900s. Or Italians in the 1920s. Or Japanese in the 1940s. Granted we had an open door policy but it sure seems systematic to be slightly xenophobic.

I was talking with the guy who leads the Hispanic ministry associated with our church last week. We talked about some terrifically important things related to our church and ministry. One of those things we talked about is how so many people look at any Hispanic and see an illegal. They have, in many ways, become the new African-Americans for a large segment of society.

Can you list for me 10 people you know, personally who are guilty of this. I know a ton of Hispanics and I can honestly say they are hard, honest workers. They put in tons of hours providing for their families. They are trying to make a life for their children and provide for their relatives. They do jobs that are not glamorous and will likely have health issues in the future. Both most are good, honest people.

This characterization is just way over the top. I'd like to know how many people you know who fall into this category.

There's actually pretty good data out there to show that many groups contribute more than they harm the economy. I'm sure you've done careful research before making these points but the costs of being here illegally far outstrip what you and I might see.

Uh, the government does this. Do you know how many people are deported every year?

During fiscal year 2009, the first full fiscal year of Obama’s presidency, 387,790 immigrants were deported — almost 100,000 more during the last full fiscal year of the Bush presidency. (source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/little-girl-who-challenge_n_583432.html )

I guess the government isn't doing their job...