1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An abortion thread

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I do not understand how a so called civilized nation can consider each state autonomous in deciding the extermination of its citizens because they are inconveniencing someone. And the fact that the Christian community has not stopped it, and is actually debating it's merits is unconscionable.

How can we kill someone the Lord himself created? And do so before it even is born. It is without sin when we sanction its extermination.

We can't even imagine the quantity of sin piled upon Him, during those dark hours on the Cross, but it included each and every sin we've committed, past present and future, and for what? For the redemption of every soul He created, and that certainly includes these innocent babies.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called federalism. It has the same advantages as local church autonomy. If one congregation becomes infected with false teaching, it can be confined to that one congregation since the other congregations don't have to accept the false teaching since they are not answerable to a hierarchy.

In our federalism, we have historically given a great deal of leeway, via the U.S. Constitution, to the individual States. That way if one State institutes poor governmental policies the rest of the States don't have to go along with them. Only in the area of basic human and constitutional rights have we historically given the federal government authority over the States on domestic policy.

As far as I am concerned abortion at any time and for any reason has no merits.

3. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

My belief is that the woman should have a choice if there are major deformities or a good chance of her dying. Women also get pregnant from being raped, either by someone they know or by a stranger,every year. I believe they should have a choice.

Abortion is alot like the war in Iraq.

You go in for personal interest,good or bad, and innocent people die in the process.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't. The unborn child is innocent.

6. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Until they learn that their dad is a rapist and never having a father figure. You want some statistics on how this children turn out? What about the mother? Would you want to raise a kid that belonged to someone who raped your wife?

7. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

The website doesn't help considering it is Catholic biased.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth is truth regardless of who is telling it. Why don't you deal with the substance?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

10. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Because it is Biased. That is the same website everyone uses. LOL

11. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Now, ask your wife.

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"My belief is that the woman should have a choice if there are major deformities or a good chance of her dying. Women also get pregnant from being raped, either by someone they know or by a stranger,every year. I believe they should have a choice."-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well speedgracer, since this only accounts for 1 or 2 percent of abortions we can rest assured that you are against 98 percent of abortions which are done for other reasons. So you should be in favor of overturning roe v wade and making abortion illegal. We can close down the clinics and let the hositals take care of the "major deformities and rapes" right? And get rid of government funding etc.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think abortion is a laughing matter, eh? :rolleyes:

I must conclude that your opinion is not based on substance since you have offered none.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well then we would do a service to all post birth children who have rapist fathers by killing them now, right?

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Now, ask your wife. </font>[/QUOTE]I did - and she agreed that she could not murder her child.

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

You can add me to the list, my wife said she could not kill the child, and I would not want her to.

17. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Well, actually it accounts for around 6% of all abortions. Abortion Statistics

6% seems small, but it is actually 46,900 people, real people. They must make a choice. And you want it to be illegal for them? Im against all other abortions, but I believe these thosands deserve a right.

Well, you don't support murder, but when is the last time you got outraged about the U.S. military dropping bombs on houses in Iraq, because they "suspect" that terrorists are hiding inside? Do you get outraged that many innocent people get killed like that? War, like abortion, can be for good or bad. Most of the time time, they are both used for the worst. Let's just ban both, ok? And maybe then the world will have less hypocrites.

I suspect there are probably around 2,000 to 5,000 women each year that get preganant by rape, although i can't find a statistic on that. It's just a guess. Here are some statistics on fatherless children: Fatherless children

p.s. Alot of single/divorced women have children.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Lets not derail the topic at hand - This is titled "An abortion thread" and we should stick to that topic.

Please answer the question - if you believe that children who are the product of a rape are better off dead, would it not be safer for the mother to slaughter it after birth instead of before birth? Easier, more convenient, no less painful for the child and no pain or physical problems for mom!

19. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"Well, actually it accounts for around 6% of all abortions"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt it that is actually true. Many folks and practitioners will claim this as justification exageratting the stat. But we could still close down the abortions clinics at 6 precent, they don't handel this type of abortion anyhow.

I see no reason to be outraged about our actions in Iraq. I think it is just and unfortunantly necessary.

20. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

It costs $300 if performed in the first couple of weeks. The fetus does not develop till after the 8th week.