1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Adventure in Canada

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by procyon, Nov 29, 2005.

1. procyon

procyon New Member

You'd like to hear this! I was in Canada, in Montreal. I wanted to go to church. Quebec is a Roman Catholic province. Most Canadians in this region don't go to church. I was not happy with the biggest evangelical church in Montreal; it was too smug and superficial.

What to do? I was a stranger in Canada. The nearest assembly was in Ottawa, two hours away. And there was another in Toronto, 500-600 kms away, where a pastor from Lansing, Michigan was visiting! There was a burden in my heart. I must go to church on Sunday!

Just a burden! Just a longing! For fellowship, for worship! The Lord can do wonders. He provided me with Sri Lankan friends [I had never met them before! It is just that we loved Christ! We went to different churches, but we had one thing in common: we loved Christ!]

They took me by road in their car, all the way, with a spicy Sri Lankan lunch in the bargain! En route we witnessed to people by giving out tracts! And so I landed at Toronto,Friday night, in a house where I had never been before! [But my friends, Indians, were friends in Christ!]

The next day my Lansing friends [whom I had never seen before! but they loved the Lord!] arrived and took me to Niagara Falls. The Falls are bigger on the Canadian side! [And we witnessed to people! and had a great time!]

Sunday, worship at Missisauga, a splendid dinner, [I almost missed the train!] and I came back to Montreal Monday morning! What a whirlwind trip! What a Lord! [Psalm 136.4]

2. procyon

procyon New Member

I find it strange why nobody has responded to this post. I thought it was an uncommon experience, reflecting clearly the good 'hand of God' in our lives, especially when we have a burden to glorify Him.

Any response?

3. gekko

gekko New Member

WOW!! that's radical! this is the first i read this post...

wow. thats crazy sweet. God sure does amazing things! who knows where God'll lead us next eh? well. now i've got a great real life story to tell other people!

thanks.

4. procyon

procyon New Member

Looks like, apart from gekko, no one else has read or responded to my post on An Adventure in Canada. :( Seems we are more interested in virtual adventures on the Internet Highway, than real life adventures on Canadian highways! [​IMG]

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Procyon! Have we ever not met in other thread?
    (maybe on Christmas!)
    There are many good churches in Montreal, which are so called " Plymouth Brethren" even thoough we don like to call ourselves in that name because God prohibits calling sects (1 Cor 1)
    Whenever I travelled Germany or Singapore or Thailand I attended churches called Brethren assemblies. You will not be disappointed if you check with
    Gospel Grace Hall, 3901 Henri Bourassa W St. Laurent,H4L 1A1 (514-336-2117)
    Elder R Mathieu, 115 Northcliff Ave, Beaconsfield, (514-694-1529)

Bethel Gospel Chapel, 4250 De Maisonneuve West, Westmount, H3Z 1K6 (514-935-9793)
    Elder : CH Worrell, 8135 Santiago, Brossard (514-671-2545)

There are 7 more assemblies of Plymouth Brethren in Montreal and if you need more please let me know. They will have Lord Supper every week. Gospel Chapel will allow you participate in the Supper, if you confess the faith and tell that you were baptized. Gospel Hall may ask you to just observe the Supper, but the meeting will be very much impressive and enjoyable to you.
    Famous Plymouth Brethren are : JN Darby, CH McInTosh, George Mueller, Hudson Taylor, David Livingstone, Harry Ironside, and so on.
    If you need more Info, please let me know:
    [email protected]

6. procyon

procyon New Member

Thanks Eliyahu, but I was in Montreal just for two weeks [15 days to be exact]. Landed on a Sunday and left on a Sunday. I had one Sunday in between, and that big so-called evangelical church near the Childrens Hospital [near Atwater Metro] was such a disappointment. I cant even remember its name! :( I was staying in Maissonneuve West in Hotel Belvedere. I would have been glad to meet the Brethren [not sure whether they are Open or Exclusive}, but I happen to like all the six names you have given! {Darby, CHM, Muller, Taylor, etc] [​IMG] :cool:

Maybe I should pray that God will take me back to Canada - but NOT to Quebec! I wouldn't mind Toronto or Vancouver. [​IMG]

Thanks, anyway. I'm sure you would have liked My Adventure in Canada. [I will be posting Further Adventures at a later date!] [​IMG]

God bless. [​IMG]

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to hear from you. I have all the addresses for Toronto and Vancouver too. Are you in Maldives really? Nice place I can imagine. I have a friend in our chapel from Malayalam ( Can you understand?) We talk about the Thomas' minsitry sometimes.

Wishes for your success on Christmas battle!

God bless you !

8. procyon

procyon New Member

Lets fight the good fight of faith. [​IMG]

But frankly I like the guys on Baptist Board including those who are riled with me! [Love your enemies!] [​IMG]

Pray for those who despitefully use you. [See the Music and Christmas threads!] [​IMG]

9. procyon

procyon New Member

did you see Another Adventure in Canada?