1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Emerging Church illustration

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. donnA

donnA Active Member

now that made more sence to me understanding what emerging churches are. I'm positive we aren't part of a church like this.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

OK I understood the postmodern part of the guys video, but I wasn't sure if he was favoring "The Way of the Master" or not, he lost me there.

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SolaSaint, I had the same quandary - I don't know what he espouses - Tim's fiction, or if he believes that Ray's method works.

I believe that Ray's method works to a point.....but you must follow through, not just leave someone to find their way to a doctrinally sound church. They might end up in a cult church which clothes itself in a Christ-like image, but does not preach Christ as God or Christ as the only way. I do support the ministry, though.

6. daveme7

daveme7 New Member

Poor illustration. the difference between an object(i.e. car) and a belief,philosophy, or doctrine(emergent church, fundamentalism) really does not do justice to give understanding.

This was not even a good use of evidentialism