1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Illustrated Guide to a PhD Nuff Said

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So. basically, the Ph.D. is just the pimple on the entirety of human knowledge.

Loved it!

3. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

My late father-in-law, who trained his share of PhD's, used to describe the results as "knowing more and more about less and less." I remember that when my pastor earned his PhD on the philosophical theology of William Temple, his wife commented that she was so glad he had not chosen to invest his life in one or two Hebrew verbs!

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I wonder what the illustrated guide to a professional doctorate (DBA, D.Min, PsyD) looks like? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants. I'm serious. Graphically speaking, a professional doctorate takes an area of advanced research and applies it to real situations. So would there be a small indentation with an arrow pointing towards the rest of the inner circle, pointing in and out to all of life?

Just asking :thumbs: