1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An interesting and informative site

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Mexdeaf, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I checked in and the article on Textual Criticism is standard fare.

Interesting to the student of the Bible are the writings of the early Church Fathers (Anti-Nicene). Starting with Clement, who was mentioned by Paul (a peer) we have scriptural writings that date to as little as 30 or so years after the crucifixion. That is remarkable and unique in historical documents, and speaks well of the veracity of the Scriptures.

The Didache is also very ancient, perhaps before AD 100, and it also references a good many NT texts along with references from the Shepherd of Hermes.

Here is one person's annotated version (spells out the referenced verses):
    http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/didache-annotated.html

3. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Hello glfredrick. I've been carefully reading some of your posts. One thing I noticed is that you wrote Anti-Nicene (more than once) which is incorrect ("anti-" meaning against or opposite, of course). It is correctly Ante-Nicene ("ante-" means before or prior to). They can sound somewhat alike when spoken by some people. I hope this helps.

#3 franklinmonroe, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010