1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured An interpretation of "this generation shall not pass"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by George Antonios, Dec 26, 2019.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the moment according to astronomers the sun has a huge black spot like no other they have ever seen. Is this beginning of the whole sun turning black?
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe not. ". . . I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light." -- Ezekiel 32:7.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A cloud across the surface of the sun would have to a very dense cloud to keep the light off the earth. It's not going to be a cloudy day as we know it I believe it will be pitch black out.
    MB.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the prophesied events haven't yet occurred.

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No, it didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you are denying what the bible plainly says.

7. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So friends, can we get back to the OP please? Anyone sees a problem there, and if so, how? Thanks

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A stellar cloud were the light of the sun from off the moon would look blood red.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arguing interpretation of other texts and contexts.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have before me Encyclopaedia Britannica, Collier's Encyclopedia, & world Book Encyclopedia, all secular, unbiased works. And NONE of the eschatological events are listed as having already occurred in them.

And I've studied world history for about 60 years, and nowhere have I found the occurrence of those prophesied events yet, save the "days of vengeance" Jesus declared against that generation of Jews.

For thos of you who think they've already happened - Please tell us when these 2 events occurred - When did all life in the sea (I assume, the Mediterranean) die, & when was all green grass burned up ?

12. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well to get back to the OP, the answer is obvious. It doesn't need an interpretation. It is literal, the generation he was speaking to. Same as in Matthew 23:36 Verily, I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (Truthfully, I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.)

No mention of a fig tree there. Jesus was speaking about the same events as in Matthew 24, but to the scribes and Pharisees.

13. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, good cross-reference, but what is the mistake in the OP?
    In your reference the fulfillment is not conditional on preceding events occurring, as is the case in Matthew 24.

14. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the true fulfillment of these things will only be seen in the tribulation, after we're gone (thank God) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
    35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
    36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
    37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
    38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
    39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
    40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
    41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
    42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
    43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
    44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
    45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
    46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Note verse 43. When the temple and the city was destroyed, the kingdom was taken from the Jewish state and given to another. At that time, the kingdom was taken from the Jews and given go the Believers, followers of The Way. That is when Christians became a separate entity and not a branch of the Jewish religion.

Where do you read that in Olivet?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't follow.

17. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    America is on the verge of losing it's foundational identity, which has been used by God to bless the earth with spreading the gospel and helping protect Israel while she matured. Both blessings will disappear if America continues to proceed down it's current path or even instantly if the rapture occurs. Israel's enemies in Ezekiel's war are mustering. Seems like to me that the stage is set.

18. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given your understanding of America's God-ordained spiritual role, sounds to me like you'd enjoy this book by William Grady:
    https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Ground-History-Israel-Understanding-ebook/dp/B072KWM5XN

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well George since you've posted quite a few of your videos on here, I thought maybe the brethren would like to listen to a sermon on Matthew 24... You brethren of the 1st Century mindset might enjoy one our preacher brethren Elder Chris Crouse take on it from a biblical and historical point of view... It's only 52 minutes if you want to take the time and listen... Brother Glen:)

Elder Chris Crouse – Matthew 24

• Like Like x 1
  20. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a piece of garbage post.

• Agree Agree x 2