1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An open letter to Gail Riplinger

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Oct 30, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The topic here is Gail Riplnger, can we stick to it please?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Still learning, I have checked out your suspicion, and it is false.

My mother owns a NASB with a copyright of 1977, which she purchased in 1981. Since she lives with me, I was able to go look it up for you a few minutes ago.

Here is Isaiah 26:3 in the 1977 NASB:

So, Gail R. is telling an outright lie. The problem here is not the KJVO position, but the false teachers that propagate lies. You can never lead someone to the truth with deception and lies, even if your stand is legitimate. Please do not use a known liar to teach others about the KJV. It will turn them away. I know. I am one who has been turned away from the KJV because of people like Riplinger and Ruckman. It is sad because the KJV is without a doubt the word of God and people like these are turning others away from reading a God given translation.

3. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Couldn't that just have been a 'printers error'?

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Actually, everything I see you posts dampens the right spirit.:wavey:

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks for your edification. I can't tell you how much it means.

No. Really. I can't.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good ole' rbell. You never fail to impress me with your humor.Thanks.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess seeing one of your gurus exposed dampens yer spirit.

Here's some material from KJVO David Cloud about GAR:

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/newage.htm

Her misquotes have been posted here ad nauseum. And no matter whatcha say, these misquotes are far too obvious to have been simple goofs.

And of course, as yourself, she CANNOT support her position with SCRIPTURE, while we can easily show your (and her) doctrine is MAN-MADE, & has come from 7TH DAY ADVENTIST Dr. Ben Wilkinson's book.

8. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gail Riplinger wrote: "The veracity of the italics in the KJV have been proven true to such a degree that this author feels no need to pick them out and set them apart as uninspired" (Blind Guides, p. 41). The above statement by Riplinger would seem to claim inspiration for the words added in italics in the KJV.

In an article entitled "Why I Wrote the Book: New Age Bible Versions," that was printed in a KJV-only publication, Gail Riplinger is quoted as stating: "Each discovery was not the result of effort on my part, but of the direct hand of God--so much so that I hesitated to even put my name on the book. Consequently, I used G. A. Riplinger, which signifies to me, God and Riplinger--God as author and Riplinger as secretary" (The End Times and Victorious Living, January/ February, 1994, p. 15).
    By claiming that God is the "author" of her book, Riplinger seemed to place her book on the same level with God's Word.

9. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi Logos1560

You quoted Gail Riplinger.........
    This is good enough for me. I’m glad my letter was never sent.
    --------------------------------------------------
    And as for her statement........
    This is extra-Biblical writing.

Many have started there own cult, with less!!!

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's goodta see you're "still learning". If you delve in-depth into GAR's stuff, you'll see most of it is the product of a fertile imagination, with a LITTLE fact thrown in, along with a healthy dose of deliberate misrepresentation.

Now, can she even begin to prove that any newer Bibles were made as part of any New-Age conspiracy? Of course not! And her stuff goes downhill from there.

Hear/see her stuff EXPOSED here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=white+riplinger&search_type=&aq=f

"Still Learning", if you actually check out most of the other KJVO authors, you'll find similar worx of imagination. Their problem is that they're trying to promote a doctrine of worship that's not found in Scripture whatsoever, not even by the slightest implication. And man-made religious doctrines just don't shine in GOD'S light.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

To answer your question: I use the ESV and the NASB for the same reason that newer english bibles were translated back then: I speak modern english not 17th century english.

The greater question there is why the need for the KJV when there was the Geneva in 1599?

Ultimately though, God has simply not limited His truth to one translation. Sensationalists like Riplinger will never get this.

For what it is worth, I still use the kJV some because we use it at church.

But I take James White's advice and have multiple english translations.

By doing that I can look up difficult passages an get a better idea what is being said.

Again, God bless your study.
    Thanks for being civil in your discussion :)

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Riplinger is not unintelligent. She needs to keep selling boox to keep on livin' large & making bux on the lecture circuit. Truth, schmuth-that don't sell boox!

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The day may come when God grants her repentance.Then she could write a book in all sincerity in which she would come clean and fess up.That would be sure to be a best-seller.She would make her money honestly at that point.She could then make the lecture circuit to some Fundamentalist Churches to spread her latest message -- the truth.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

As usual, another disgusting call of judgement against some one they disagree with them on their stand.

[personal attack snipped]

#34 Salamander, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sal, the evidence against GAR speax for itself. It is not gossip nor mere opinion. It is brutal truth.

Feel free to check out the linx I posted earlier, & check out the veracity of their info for yourself. Also, check out the points made by both GAR & Dr. White in their little debate.

It appears you've fallen into the unwise practice of defending any KJVO, regardless of their overall beliefs, other doctrines, or actions. But then, KJVO itself is a man-made tall tale, not even hinted at in the KJV itself, so we can't expect to find too many facts in the KJVO doctrine, can we?

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

GAR believes that the KJV is a better translation than modern versions. I agree with her.

17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

JRW worked for NASB against the KJV. A bad advice!

18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That's fine as far as it goes. You both are entitled to your opinion, but GAR is NOT entitled to spread lies as truth, even to support 'truth'.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This would be true if she thought the modern versions were valid translations of the Scriptures. Instead she does not - so your statement is untrue.

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Hmmm, when one deals with the personal attack against the person who is not part of the conversation or even present, with the very same "heat" they belch forth, it is conveyed as a "personal attack" thru the censorship of the moderators.

What a laugh!

I haven't sat around on my duffous examinig everything another person says to know whether they are in need of repentence the way some here have. I only made an observation.

I suppose BIAS has NOTHING to do with this!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: