1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancestors in the Civil War

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Arbo, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I am fortunate to have a picture of my maternal great-grandfather in his Confederate uniform. It is a portrait with Great-grandma. I'm guessing it was taken in the 1890s.
    I also have a picture taken at his burial in a cemetery outside Medina, Tennessee. A big crowd is pictured. Several men have aprons on; I assume they were Masons.

I found some good info on the internet. He had a brother who enlisted with my ggfather. He was listed as a deserter. Don't know what happened to him, if anything.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

Can't find any in the 17th, Four brothers all served in Company A, 38th regiment, Indiana Volunteer Infantry. Two other brothers of those four served in Company D, 66th regiment, Indiana Volunteers, and Company F, 144th regiment, Indiana Volunteer Infantry. I also had kinsmen (uncles and cousins) who served in Company G, 34th regiment, Indiana infantry, Company H, 93rd Indiana Infantry, and the 3rd and 10th regiments, Indiana Calvary,

3. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Two in the Indiana 36th..Shiloh to Atlanta..One in the 87th IN...several others all in the western theatre