1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancestry DNA

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are a Polski......:)

Maybe we should wait on the DNA test results ..... ya neva know!

I look at the pictures of my moms Italian side (they pretty much raised me since my father died when I was young). I'm the only one with blond hair & light skin. So I was always called " the Pollack." Luckily I look a lot like my dad & they were all blonds.

#21 Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother used it, and we bought a kit for my mother. Ancestry.com is a reliable company, though I don't really know how reliable this DNA testing always is. MyHeritage had a $49 special, but I don't know anything about them.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As someone who has had DNA tested through both AncestryDNA and 23andMe, I can say that both companies came up with essentially the same results.

There are also stories on YouTube of people who have sent in their DNA samples to AncestryDNA under different names, addresses, and credit cards, and had Ancestry DNA send both "persons" query letters saying that they had an exact match and they wanted to verify that it was the same person, not some sort of error in their system.

That being said, INTERPRETATION of DNA results is not an exact science. They are still learning quite a bit about the human genome, so interpretations are being updated/added on a regular basis.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We did My Heritage and found it quite interesting.

5. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist