1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured and if this mom was a member of your church???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, May 22, 2022.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I read every word you wrote and agreed with most. I should have stated that in my response, so I apologize for not saying so. You make good scriptural arguments here.

There is no connection, however, to not “loving” a sinner and following God’s commands concerning an orderly worship service. Allowing cross dressing in worship is a distraction from worship and should not be allowed.

I also disagree with your statement, apparently, we should allow our children to be exposed to cross dressing men in order to show children how to love sinners.

peace to you

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course first and foremost, people need Christ.

“Transgenderism” is a recognized mental illness that use to be treated with counseling geared toward accepting biological truth.

Recently, politics have changed the treatment. Now, many doctors, still recognizing the mental illness involved, say treatment should be “transitioning” from one gender to another.

Just to be clear, it is completely unscientific and impossible to change genders and any doctor prescribing such treatment is prescribing a lie that prevents these folks from getting needed mental health counseling.

Concerning the spiritual conditions involved, there can be no doubt that is also an issue. However, I believe sound medical treatment cannot be ignored in any case. God can do whatever He wants, but cannot be manipulated to to change someone’s medical condition.

Unless and until He does heal someone, seek sound medical treatment.

peace to you

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mom should be taken through church discipline as laid out in scripture. First spoken to and explain how God feels about her daughter, NOT new son, but daughter, and that she can in no way support her in this. If she will not listen two or three go and hear from her. If they will not listen to them she can be disciplined by the church.