1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And Jesus Said Unto Him

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by waynedillerad, Dec 30, 2011.

1. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

I am not against anyone who is not against Jesus and them with Jesus. And I will not forbad them that is not against Jesus and them with Jesus.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Would you mind expanding on your thoughts? I'm not quite understanding what you're saying.

3. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

This passage is the anti-exclusivity of denominationalism.

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

"Name" in the bible means far more than just the label by which we distiunguish on person from another. Peter said to the Jewish leaders in Acts 4.9-10:
    9 "If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole."
    But he didn't mean that the man had been healed by repeating a name.

Biblically, "name" in the bible means a person's whole character, their being. Possibly it is a bit like what we mean in English when we say that someone has a good name in the community. So doing something "in the name of" the Lord Jesus Christ means doing it on His authority. This unnamed man was not going around casting out demons merely pretending that he was doing so in the name of Jesus.

I am sure that Jesus did not mean that everyone who does not actively oppose Him is therefore "for" Him. After all, He said in Luke 11.23:
    "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters."

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sorry - sent same message twice!

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So you are not against women being Pastors, correct?

7. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

No I am not against them as long as they are not against us.

and I will not forbid them as long as they are not against us.

This does not mean I will have anything to do with them or fellowship with them or anything else.

It just means exactly what I said.

Nothing more and nothing less.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree with your position but that was not what I asked.

9. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

It is not my place to forbid anyone from doing anything that Jesus did not put me in charge of.

I will not even forbid you to forbid them that do not

do as they should or should not do because they do not follow us.

I will just take charge of what I am in charge of.

I dismiss my own opinions any more. If I have one I make sure it came from my leader. Those that do not, I weed out.

10. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

I am not responsible for what you asked.

11. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

Sometimes I do not even understand what I am saying. The Holy Ghost does not always let me understand everything He speaks through me.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Now that is sacry as well as dangerous! :eek:

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Dangerous that he speaks or does not understand?

14. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

My God always delivers me out of all danger.

So actually it is not.

15. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

If I am where my Lord put me, and doing what my Lord put me to doing, as according to as he instructed me to do.

I do not have to sweat the small stuff.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is dangerous because it is the same exact claim that every huckster makes under name it and claim it, prophesy, the Brownsville experience and more. Anytime anyone, even a Pastor, claims their position of a belief or teaching that they hold comes from the Holy Spirit as the One who is leading, telling them, or speaking through them instead of the written word of God says on its own merits then just dismiss it as coming from a false prophet. The danger is that many will be lead astray by them. They try and get others to think they have some special link to God through the Spirit and many times do not even know what is meant by what the Spirit is telling them to tell others. It is a typical Benny Hinn or the late Ktherine Kuhlman tactic.

In every case the bible says it is written, not the Spirit told me so. People who make a point to say they are being lead, spoken to, directed, by the Spirit so as to make claim that what they are doing or saying is true are doing so to seem spiritual above another. They seek to intimidate because they claim that they heard from the Spirit. They have something more then just the written word. They are puffed up and seeking to lead others astray with their false claims. If the written word of God does not confirm a teaching as it is written without some special interpretation or conformation (in this case from the Spirit) then the Spirit is not going to go beyond what is written. Many speak in mystic type sayings and responses that only they claim to understand. They are not spiritual. Test the spirits my friend..

#16 freeatlast, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
  17. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

This is an awe-full lot of wasted words just to say you believe that I am deceived and a deceiver.

I am beginning to think you are trying to deceive me.

18. waynedillerad

waynedillerad New Member

Any way

to put your heart at rest,

do not read anything from this point on that I have posted.

Now you are responsible not me.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am saying to test the spirits. Your statements are a red flag. If you are deceived and deceiving it will be clear shortly.

20. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Strange that he would not, as the Spirit was sent to give us illumination and understanding!