1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And Now It's Okay to Use His Middle Name?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't believe the hypocrisy of our new president-elect. It was just three months ago that the use of his middle name was said to be "spreading fear." But, now he will use it to show Muslims around the world that he is trying to bring America into a more friendlier position with Muslims.

This is the type of hypocrisy that many of the blacks in this country [and Obama is black when it serves his best interest] continue to exhibit in this country. Think about this, we can't use the "N" word, but, they can, and whenever I'm around younger black folks, mainly guys, the word freely flows off the tongues, from the mouths, and into the ear lobes of non-blacks filling the air space around them!

Now Obama says it is OK to use his middle name, as it could serve as a rallying point for Muslims around the world. I agree with Lady Eagle, the next social bomb Obama will drop is his desire to swear in on the Koran. I can see this happening, and furthermore, I can see Louis Farrakhan or Rev. Wright, or both, on the stage with him that day, offering up prayers and best wishes to our new president as he takes offices.

Like a latent homosexual, Obama may be all the way out of the closet by the time he takes office on January 20, 2008. He never was what he wanted us to believe he was. Instead, he is exactly what many of us conservatives have said all along, the first Muslim President of the USA.

God save the Queen, er, I mean, God save America!!

Pastor Paul:type:

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
  2. rbell

rbell Active Member

If it's his actual middle name...what's the issue?

Furthermore, I get disturbed when a statement is made that says "the blacks....(fill in the blank)"

I'm not comfortable with absolute stereotypes of any race. In fact, I think it does nothing but foster hostility.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I believe Obama is black ALL the time. In your eyes he's black when it serves YOUR purpose.

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with that....

I have no problem with him using his middle name either. But, whenever someone brought up his middle name in the campaign, it was construed as being a "fear" tactic. The other side, [Repubs] were afraid to use his middle name lest they be branded as fear pushers. It's just hypocritical to see this change, but, not surprising at all.

And I'm not stereotyping, typecasting, or anything else when I use the phrase: "the blacks...." As I see it, I have a right to speak what I believe, and I'm doing that in a respectful, non-hateful way. How else should I broach the topic and not be seen as stirring up hate?

Obama is being hypocritical, and his dishonesty with the American public will reveal itself throughout his first, and only term, as POTUS. The crooked governor of Illinois could be the beginning of a massive corruption case that just may bring Obama down. Not because he did anything illegal, but because he has had a bad habit of keeping company with the wrong people. I hope his involvement doesn't hurt the nation, because so many are looking to him to lead us out of this mess. His involvement could severely cripple the nation for a longer time than the financial crisis.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Why are you so often concerned about what you are perceiving black people to be doing or not doing?

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And That Was The Rest of the Word???

And now that you've spoken JC, is that your final word on this subject? Will that put an end to my editorial? Does that make his use of his middle name Okay with all of us who may disagree with you? Does that excuse him from having a relationship with a lot of questionable people with very questionable backgrounds and histories?

The world is holding its breath. Waiting to hear your words of wisdom fill up the blank pages of this forum. Oh, all wise, and matchless man of opinions, please don't mince your words, and don't make us wait too long to know what your opinion really is when it comes to our newly elected, president-elect, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama.

I remain your humble underling, your grasshopper in training, waiting to obtain the kind of wisdom you have possessed from the day you were born. It must be hard to be so right all of the time? It must be an extremely heavy weight to carry the whole world on those shoulders, as your subjects depend on every noun, adjective, verb, adverb, proverb, etc. that you so masterfully put together to grace the pages of this forum.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Perception Intended

I don't perceive, nor am I concerned about what black people do, or are contemplating to do. I am only addresing an issue that has meaning to me. The fact that BHO is allowed to use his middle name, but, during the campaign, any one that used his middle name was considered a purveyor of hate and fear.:wavey:

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

My eye muscles are going to be huge from all the exercise they are getting from rolling my eyes at the inane posts here. :rolleyes:

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.