1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And shall be Satisfied !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, May 1, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

The Lord, upon seeing His Son's suffering unto death, for the sins of His People, and His God and Father shall be satisfied, even satisfied with the results of His suffering unto Death; For by His Death, He shall Justify many, because by His suffering unto death, He bear their iniquities, this Satisfied God's law and Justice for them.

The word satisfied saba or sabea means:

be sated, have desire satisfied

God the Father and Son are satisfied with the results given. God the Father desires that all whom He loves be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4, and He's satisfied that Christ's death produces those results; hence if one for whom God desires to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth does not, then He can not be satisfied with that, nor could Christ, and Isa 53:11 is a false witness !

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN! It is finished!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That eliminates death !

Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

It amazes me how many false teachers make their reach and appeal to this scripture as a proof text for the false view that Christ died for the sins of every individual of mankind without exception, yet that is not what that scripture states nor means, and here is one reason why so ! You see where sin has been taken away as here stated, or where its not imputed because it has been taken away 2 Cor 5:19, then the consequences of sin, Death, must also be done away with, abolished 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

He abolished death by His death because it paid the ultimate pricefor the sins of those He died for, Death Rom 6:23 !

That word abolished katargeó means:

(a) I make idle (inactive), make of no effect, annul, abolish, bring to naught, (b) I discharge, sever, separate from.

For them He died He makes death of no effect anymore, it can no longer reign through sin as per Rom 5:21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

That reign ends through Christ's Death, those He died for must be discharged from death because He took away their sins ! Jn 1:29 !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That eliminates death ! 2

John 1:29 is the fulfillment of the prophecy of Daniel here Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

John Gill on the phrase "to make an end of sins"

See Legally, death can only reign because of sin, because death is the wages of sin Rom 6:23a, so where sin has been taken away, life must be applied as an evidence of the same, so life must be given to a world when its sin has been done away as Per Jn 1:29 or where its sins are not imputed as Per 2 Cor 5:19 !

Remember Jesus spake these words about the World Jn 6:32-33

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

He came down from Heaven which results in His giving Life to the world, that world which by His death He would take away its sins ! That world He gives Life to !

He doesnt make it available for them, He gives it to them !

That word giveth didómi:

means to produce, as in to produce Life unto the world, it means to give as something due as in obligation:

to give what is due or obligatory, to pay:

In other words on the strength and credit of Christ's death doing away with this worlds sins, by paying its debt to God's Law and Justice, Life is what is due to it as a debt to be paid to it ! This Life is both Spiritual and Eternal !

This is also the World of His Sheep, lets recall Jesus saying specifically of them Jn 10:7-10

Thats the world He came to giveth Life unto Jn 6:32-33

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Death has been abolished for the world of Christ's Sheep, because His Death for them taketh away their sin Jn 1:29 !