1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And the best college mascot is ....

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Sep 17, 2004.

1. td

td New Member

On second thought, I think Stanford is the worst. They don't have a mascot. They used to be the Indians but due to political correctness changed to 'The Cardinal', which is not the bird but a color. I think the student body voted for the 'Robber Barons' some years ago but the administration nixed that. Any school with a color for a mascot should have their accreditation revoked.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I was going to say Stanford. Not only is their mascot a color, but they have a tree running around the games! A green tree! Are you kidding me?

Since going to UTEP, Mike Price has had to deal with a new mascot name for the Miners...there are places that are calling them the Strip-Miners.

Auburn is kinda funny too, they are the Tigers, yet at the games all you hear is War-Eagle!

Alabama has a deadly condition that occasionally happens in the Gulf of Mexico, yet everything has an elephant on it, or a roll of Charmin and Tide, what does that have to do with anything?

UC-Santa Cruz Banna Slugs (used to be the Sea Lions, not much better IMO), hands down the worst!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

There is always a lot of confusion about this.

We are the Tigers, not the War Eagles. Nor are we the Plainsmen. I actually heard an announcer call us the War Eagles once. Funny, I never heard him broadcast another college game.

We actually have two mascots: Aubie and War Eagle VI, a golden eagle who many may remember from the opening ceremonies of the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

[ September 24, 2004, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Heck, that's nothing. Just watch the game on November 20th and you'll see the Tide led by a group of Tigers.