1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

...and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by HankD, Mar 9, 2019.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

How often we complain of the miserable condition and status of the church (HankD guilty as charged).

Yet we are told in the Revelation (Apocalypse) of Jesus Christ that even the enemies of God attempting to destroy the church are actually doing the decreed will of God who themselves are to be destroyed.

Revelation 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

2 Peter 2
    1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
    20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.