1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"... and the Word was God."

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rev. Autrey, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev. Autrey

Rev. Autrey New Member

I would like to say Good Day to you.

This post is dedicated to all of us Baptist who would like to know more about Jesus as our God before he returns to judge the world. As it says in John 1:1, "... and the Word (meaning Jesus) was God."

So I will say it this way. Jesus is our long awaited God. He's the Almighty God. What I am saying is, when God speaks to us, He says "I am Jesus." That is what the name Jesus means, you know, "The God who saves," or "God save me."

Now do not be confused because Jesus as God often mentioned the Father and the Holy Spirit. And he should have. They are God too. What I mean is, the Father and the Holy Spirit are God's two other self expressions. But their roles in our salvation as God are different from the role of Jesus as God. As the same God that Jesus is, the Father as God directs God's affairs. And the Holy Spirit as God inspires us to believe in what is taking place.

So what we are talking about with God is self expression, and not the dividing of God into separate parts. Let's say it like this. You can have as many self expressions as you like and still be you. God has three: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I will say this one last thing about Jesus as God. His existence in similar to the way we are aware of our own selves. As a man made in God's own mental self image, I am aware of myself as Rev. Autrey. And if you ask me, I will tell you that I am Rev. Autrey. I say this to say that we should not think it strange that God has this same capability. That is to say, God is aware of himself as Jesus. And as Jesus, he tells us about God's two other self expressions, the Father and the Holy Spirit.

So God speaks to us like this. “Hi, I’d like to say good day to you. I am Jesus. The Father sends his greetings, too.” And when we ask Jesus to show us the Father, he says, “When you see me, you see the Father who sent me,” meaning the Father and Jesus are the same God. Then Jesus says, “By the way, The Holy Spirit says hi, too”, meaning that the Holy Spirit is the same God that the Father and Jesus are. This is the way he spoke to Nicodemus in John 3, and it is still the same way he speaks to us today.

He said it this way to Nicodemus. "You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don't understand these things? I assure you, I am telling you what We know and have seen, and yet you won't believe Us." As I said, the "We" and the "Us" are God's three self expressions, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. But as you can plainly see, all that God has to say to us is expressed by him as Jesus.

May God bless you,

Rev. Autrey

#1 Rev. Autrey, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going to stop this NOW. There is so much error in one post that it borders on heresy. I am sure it is a matter of how words/phrases are expressed and used, but needs total revision and a new start.

CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.