1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And There Prayed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Mar 7, 2011.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to the book of Mark, Chapter 1, Jesus was in Galilee and according to v:33, "And all the city was gathered together at the door." Jesus had healed many and almost everyone was gathered together for more of this "healing".

v:36, "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

v:37, "And Simon and they that were with him followed after him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee."

v:38, "And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth."

All these people were seeking after Jesus for more of this "healing" as they were greatly impressed but instead, Jesus packed up an left town.

I suppose that Jesus wasn't very impressed with these folks as they came only to satisfy their personal wants and needs and totally misunderstood what our Lord was really trying to provide for them. Hence, He left.

Considering many of the thread titles on this forum, such as, Should we go after the lost sheep..., IFB are dying, Church membership is declining nation wide, etc., etc., etc., perhaps Jesus has just left town as folks are standing at the "doors" for all the wrong reason's.

Let me see here now..., when was the last time I got up way before day break and prayed? (either in reality or in theory)

I don't suppose it really matters if a church is on the right side of Main Street, on the left side of Main Street, or off on a side street somewhere. Are what folks are available standing at the doors for all the wrong reasons? I suppose so.