1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And yet another ....

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Nov 9, 2005.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. why try?

why try? Guest

Thats one reason I like E-Sword! The Lord watches out for po'folks like me!! I still have a copy of Sword Searcher from back in 2000, when it was still completly free, but can't get it to load back up on Win 2000.

3. natters

natters New Member

I don't think that's making money from the word of God, that's making money from the work involved in implementing some computerized functionality that lets one study the word of God.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think asking $9.95 for the software is outrageous.

5. uhdum

uhdum New Member

Yeah, that's a tough issue...

I mean, sure we don't like paying for a Bible... but as the creator of that program, the creator owns the intellectual rights to it and has a right to offer it for sale.

Plus, if he/she is going to offer additional Bible versions for sale as add-ons, they certainly cannot give those away for free (copyright issues).

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I agree that 9.95 is passable for software, I posted this under the impression that it was 9.95 monthly. I can't find the original ad I received, either it was unclear or my eyes weren't clear, well maybe my mind :) Really don't know how I got the impression it was monthly.

7. kubel

kubel New Member

It's a company. They are out to make money off this- not to spread the word. If they were out to spread the word, everything would be at or near cost.