1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andersonville Applies for USDoE Recognized Accreditation

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jabbezzz, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

According to the 2005 Andersonville Theological Seminary cagalog, page 6,

"Andersonville Theological Seminary School of Theology has made application with an accrediting agency recognized by the US Dept of Education."

"Also, the School of Ministry has made application with a strong private accrediting agency which is the foremost accrediting agency of private high schools and colleges both in the US and internationally."

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

Is that all it says? It doesn't name the accrediting agency?

The 2004 catalog is online, so I take it that your's is a hard copy.

I have no personal experience with Andersonville. Is it possible that they could obtain such accreditation, or is this statement just to put to rest concerns from potential students? After all, applying and receiving are two very different things.

Bill

3. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

Yes, I have a 2005 hardcopy of the ATS catalog. It arrived two days ago. The excerpts I have posted are all the catalog states. No naming of accrediting agencies.

4. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a national/professional accreditor that accredits high schools?

Which one does this internationally?

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Do they have an 800#? Give em a call and ask.

6. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

Indeed they do, however, it is a 1611 King James number, so be sure to speak with "thee" and "thou." [​IMG]

1-800-525-1611
    www.andersonvilleseminary.com

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andersonville would be in the Southeastern Regional Accrediting Association. There is no "national" association - just six regional.

There is also AABC and TRAC that are national. Perhaps it is one of them.

8. UZThD

UZThD New Member

I think it is unlikely that Andersonville will be accredited regionally or by AABC or by TRACS without major overhauls in about everything Andersonville does.

I don't know, eg, of any accredited schools which offer 8-12 month doctorates in Bible or Systematic or Historical Theology for doing a bit of work that likely is not done even at accredited MDiv level and further is taught by profs who themselves do not have accredited docs in the area of instruction.

If any of my info or suspicians about Andersonville is shown to be incorrect, I'll stand corrected and will apologize.

9. Broadus

Broadus Member

Is there a national/professional accreditor that accredits high schools?

Which one does this internationally?
    </font>[/QUOTE]The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) accredits elementary, middle, and high schools in the southern U.S. SACS has some sort of link with American-International schools in Latin America: http://www.sacscasi.org/latinamerica/ .

I cannot imagine Andersonville's truly becoming accredited by a USDE/CHEA agency.

Bill

10. kennethc

kennethc New Member

Are not BOTH TRACS and DETC now CHEA approved, and both sometimes referred to as "national" accreditation?

11. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. That's what I meant by 'national.' I just can't see Andersonville ever, ever being accredited by SACS.

12. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Indeed they do, however, it is a 1611 King James number, so be sure to speak with "thee" and "thou." [​IMG]

1-800-525-1611
    www.andersonvilleseminary.com
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, I did it! I called, asked, and got chewed out by Jimmy Hayes himself. Why don't some of you guys call and see what you get. Ask for Jimmy Hayes. More on this saga later.

13. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Yes. That's what I meant by 'national.' I just can't see Andersonville ever, ever being accredited by SACS. </font>[/QUOTE]IMHO, they can apply to any regional accreditor but it doesn't mean they will make the grade. No, SACS and WASC would probably be the toughest since they have not been as receptive to DE schools. On the other hand, NCA is probably the most friendly to DE schools although I really don't think they would make it there either.

14. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "After all, applying and receiving are two very different things"

This is VERY true. I will look into this issue and see what I can uncover. They may have applied but that means NOTHING. Any school can apply, the issue is are they actually accredited or not. That is all that matters.

"I called, asked, and got chewed out by Jimmy Hayes himself."

Wow, what happened? Was he rude (I suspect so since you used the term "chewed")? What question did you ask that set him off? Did he ever answer the question?

I think I will request a catalog.....Updating this post to say that I just requested a catalog.

Martin.

15. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

Did you use the king's English? If not, perhaps this is what the good Dr. Hayes became so irate about................ [​IMG]

16. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

Paid,

I too am interested in your dialogue with Dr. Hayes. Certainly he did not go off on you unprovoked. You have whet our baser appetites- come now, divulge the details of this saga!!! :eek:

17. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, please, and don't leave nothin' out!!! [​IMG]

18. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

19. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Did you use the king's English? If not, perhaps this is what the good Dr. Hayes became so irate about................ [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Nope! In fact, I hardly got a chance to say anything--imagine that! He was off on my giving the information to his competitors, he wasn't allowed to name the accreditor by the association, etc.

20. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Do accrediting agencies do that?