1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andersonville: Biblical Languages

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by R. Lawson, Jan 5, 2011.

1. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone.

I noticed that Andersonville Theological Seminary offered Biblical Language courses. I'm wondering if any graduates of Andersonville could explain the depth of the courses (From Hebrew 1, 2, and 3 to Greek 1, 2, and 3.) Do you mostly play around in Strong's or is there more to it?

Just curious.

2. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm. No Andersonville grads here?:wavey:

3. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I e-mailed Andersonville and asked if they could let me do the Biblical Languages courses using a payment program. They agreed.

I have a feeling they will introduce greek/hebrew tools and not delve into the languages. If I am wrong I'll eat my fedora!:tonofbricks:

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238
    And you are considering working on a PhD? Why even bother with Andersonville? Just curious...

5. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not from Andersonville, no sir. I am simply curious what Andersonville's Biblical Languages courses are like. The D. Phil would be done at St. Alcuin House Seminary. I already have experience from them. It's no walk in the park...

6. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Robb,
    I am confused...you already have a Seminary Doctorate, but you need language training from ATS...I would think this would argue against the "walk in the park" statement.

7. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't need language from ATS. I'm merely want to test the waters of ATS' Biblical Languages. It will not cost much, and if I decide it's not up-to-par, I'll drop it.:type:

8. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They charge an arm, leg, and firstborn to take the courses. No skin off my back. :D

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think, though I could be wrong, that the courses do not originate with Andersonville. So they "might" be pretty good. Though I would not spend money to find out. :)