1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Andersonville Seminary seeking ABHE accreditation.

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by labaptist, Nov 5, 2015.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just goes to show you can't always trust dissertations! :) I saw a dissertation recently myself with faulty info about my grandfather. Any time a dissertation doesn't give original sources for opinions or conclusions, it may not be accurate.

By the way, my son (an eyewitness) says that when he was there, each new faculty member had to sign a statement of agreement and commitment to inerrancy at convocation, and all faculty were conservative.

God bless you too!

2. Rev. Paul R. Jones

Rev. Paul R. Jones New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you again. Our pastor was at the school during those difficult times. He was affected by the experience and Bob Dale was his mentor. Dale was hired here in VA and is on staff with the BGAV. I am very conservative but I enjoy a good discussion as long as everyone can remain civil. We had a Bible study at our home church one night a week and had a student who believed in a four days in the grave scenario, and he also believed that Jesus was created by God. We had many a sparring match for almost a year and then the class put him out with the blessings of the pastor (not me). They could not handle him as they did not know the Bible well enough to enter into the fray. I found that he challenged me every week. I had hoped over time to help him realize that he could not defend his arguments with examples from scripture. I do not think anyone should be put out of a church setting as long as things are manageable. One thing is for certain: the class will never reach him now.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well spoken.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not helping your case. That's a pretty small number of sources for a paper. That's only 1 source a page. Pretty weak. I make my MDiv students do more than that.