1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andersonville Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by jtown5, May 19, 2006.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andersonvile Thread

jtown5,

Some of the best preaching and teaching I've ever heard came from a godly man who never even finished high school! Yes, we need to prepare the best we can, but we must never underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit of God in the lives of obedient, surrendered Believers.

"To God be the glory great things He has done!"

2. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

When posters are talking about the quality or toughness of the work at Andersonville, what do you mean? Are we talking about the amount of work or the rigor of the work? Most unaccredited and questionable quality schools seem to think quality is increased by adding more of the same. This is not in talking about educational quality. It's quantity, not quality.

Do the courses challenge you to think, make judgments, analyze or produce new ideas? Rigor is not achieved by adding more books to read or longer papers to write. Although the textbooks and lectures by well known men are of good quality, I question the ability of the graders and Andersonville core professors to require the rigor needed for graduate level degrees.

3. GraceAlone

GraceAlone New Member

After beginning a course I knew I could listen and repeat what was said on the tapes as in the undergrad courses. Instead I've chosen a bit more radical course. Answer the questions from scripture. Give plenty of reason and reference for my answers and hope for the best. These courses are going to force me to defend my understanding of the scripture and, IMHO, any theologian worth the name should be able to do just that. I applaud anyone who goes into religious education because of an honest desire to help those who God places before him (or her).:thumbsup: