1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andersonville Theological

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by El_Guero, Apr 9, 2005.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

What has anyone heard about Andersonville Theological?

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

I want to say it's been discussed. You might do a search of forums to find out. If one is really interested in rigorous and recognized theological distance study, there are much better alternatives, such as Liberty, Luther Rice, and RTS.

Bill

3. UZThD

UZThD New Member

little substance/rigor

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must agree with UZThd and Bill. If you are wanting to attend seminary (via distance education) there are many good, solid, Bible believing schools that are fully accredited (which means wider acceptance). I think of my school, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary , Luther Rice Seminary , Temple Baptist Seminary , Southern Evangelical Seminary , and some others. These schools are conservative Christian schools.

They may cost more money, require more work, require some campus time (week long intensives) but it is worth the work.

In Christ
    Martin.

5. Nord

Nord New Member

I agree with Martin. Think carefully....
    He offers some good suggestions.

Nord.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are in Texas why not check out Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary? I don't know how far from you that school is but it could be worth checking out.

While one cannot get an entire degree online/distance from Southwestern one can do some of their degree program online. Check out Southwestern's Distance Learning page. Southwestern also has off extension campuses throughout Texas. You can check that out at their web page.

Dallas Theological Seminary is the same way:
    Check out their distance learning page and their extension sites where I believe one can earn a MA (though you would have to check into that).

If you want a degree totally via distance learning though check out the schools I mentioned above. While most do requrie some campus time they limit that to two or three one week intensives.

Martin

8. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

El Guero,
    Both Southwestern and Wayland have satellite campuses in San Antonio. Contact: Charles Price, DOM, SA Assn. at 210-525-9954 for more info.
    WallyGator

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

El_Guero,

If you're looking for predominantly distance education, you might want to check out this seminary which I read about on another board, Facultad Latinoamericana de Estudios Teológicos. It started out offering seminary training in Spanish and now offers degrees in English too. It is accredited by DETC.

http://www.flet.edu/