1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andersonville

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Dr. Timo, Feb 19, 2009.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There are far better options if people do not need an accredited degree. Whitefield, Columbia Evangelical (although it has a very high reputation), Trinitiy, etc., are better options. I have had friends go through Andersonville. The work was not much, nor in depth, and several got "doctorates" without even having a HS diploma.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

You get what you pay for.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Truism...........................

Sometimes you get less than you pay..............................

4. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

I think this is true, and there are far better options that Andersonville. Back when I went there after Seminary Extension there were pastors in our local association that didn't have any theological training at all. Some of the older ones had just taught themselves the Bible. But I know their are much finer theological schools to attend!!!:smilewinkgrin:

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know some have been amazed by this, myself included, but there could be a real logical explanation. No offense Timo, but I have to ask these questions.

First, Timo, are you teaching undergraduate, graduate, or certificate courses? Course numbers.

Second, do you hold a graduate degree from an accredited seminary university (ie...not Andersonville)?

Third, do you have friends at the extension who might have helped you teach those courses?

Fourth, would I be correct in assuming you taught/teach as an adjunct and not as a full professor?

Thanks, and please don't take offense Timo. If our Lord used Andersonville to open this door for you I am very happy for you. :thumbs:

6. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

The classes I was approved to teach are the basic Bible courses that SE offers and seminary extension only offers undergraduate classes that are transferable later. No I don't hold any other graduate degrees. No I have no friends at SE whatsoever. I can teach the courses at any extension center that is set up. I taught out of our Church building in Illinois throught the SE department of our local association while I was a pastor there. Hope this helps you understand. Don't worry it's pretty hard to offend me anymore at this point in ministry. I think I've been through as much if not more than the average bi-vocational and full time pastor.:godisgood: :thumbs: :jesus:

7. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

Options are not as important when you know what the Lord has for you to begin with!!!:thumbsup: :godisgood:

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I think you, Dr. Timo, are probably the fortunate exception and not the rule. Those who desire to enter higher education should earn regionally accredited degrees. :thumbs:

9. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

That could be as I don't know of anyone else who experienced these things the way I did. I became the pastoral ministries director of our local SBC association so when they needed teachers for their SE classes I said I would. If I'm an exeption then I praise God for the experience I got.:wavey: :thumbsup: :jesus: