1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andrew, the disciple

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Oct 8, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Last night at our revival, there was a sermon on Andrew from the very few passages in the Bible about him The focus was Andrew was always bringing someone to Jesus starting with his brother Peter. Later on, at the feeding of the 5000, he saw the possibility of how to accomplish the task with the bread and fish, even though he did not know how. He visualized a God sized job.

Although not generally thought of as one of the top three disciplies, he was the brother of one. It never seemed to bother him. He was not at the Transfiguration, yet was not aruging with the rest of the disciples when they were discussing who is going to be greatest in the kingdom.

To me, it was amazing in the fact I never gave him a second thought. Has anyone ever done a study on Andrew, or have any comments?

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Yes, Andrew is often overlooked, but he was used by the Lord nevertheless. I wonder if he were to write an epistle, What would it be like?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My guess humble in nature, and love of fellow man. Even in Acts 1, when his brother was taking the leadership position in the church, it seems Andrew had no complaints.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

MacArthur's take on Andrew in his book 12 Ordinary Men is good.

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Praise God for the revival you are having!

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We named our son Andrew after the Apostle, of course.