1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andy Stanley?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SolaSaint, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about Andy Stanley? I'm looking into a church that teaches his materials in SS.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He's a very good communicator and produces quality materials for groups ministries.

One of the benefits is that Andy seeks to provide meaningful ways of communicating timeless truths in a way that people in the present times can understand and appreciate.

I've been familiar with him and his ministry for a while and really have a lot of respect for what they do.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We use the children's materials at our church and they are very good and Andy is a great communicator for adults. We like listening to his messages online.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is his theology similiar to his fathers?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, I believe he's different.

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I attend a campus (Strategic Partner) associated with Northpoint. I am not sure that I would say that Andy's theology is different from his father's, however, his "style" and approach are indeed vastly different. The mission (one of them) is to be a congregation for people who do not have a "God problem" but for whatever reason have had a "church problem". Our worship style is contemporary, comfortable and inviting. Our mission statement is to "assist in leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus". Andy, is one of the most awesome and engaging communicators of biblical principles and messages, just like his dad, only vastly different in style.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I've been reading and listening to Andy Stanley for a few years. In fact, I'm reading his "The Grace of God" right now. Good stuff!

8. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The past year I have been attending a 'future partner' church associated with North Point. To add to quantumfaith's description, small groups are an integral part of North Point's core strategy. They are reaching amazing numbers of people. I have been thoroughly impressed with all of their materials I've looked into.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:) Yes, we are nearing the end of our first 24 month installment of our first small group experience. It has been Wonderful living life with our small group partners. I have had the privilege of teaching "Starting Point" and witness several come to the point in their life of professing Christ as their Savior and Lord. We are growing at a phenomenal rate and becoming quite a diverse congregation.