1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Andy Stanley

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ICONO..... you have said your peace now wait to let it play itself out. God has His purposes....if Andy Stanley is a heretic, it will eventually rear its ugly head & he will be exposed. God & his will cannot be trifled with without serious consequences. And we know that there are many em posters & wolves out there. We also know who eventually wins, right.:godisgood:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed....I just think that PJ..and QF......do not see how important the 1 cor5 passage is...I do not care about this ministry personally.....i just see these type ministries as a downgrade of truth.....they go with the pragmatic philosophy of rick warren.....that is between them and God.

this became public....and needs discussion...most others are not public....

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

IC, you are doing nothing but making assumptions and arguing from silence. You don't know the situation, heck, you even admitted you don't know Stanley!

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WD,
    I am responding to the sermon.....which I listened to....I am not for or against Stanley....i do not know him well enough to make an informed judgement on him specifically.

In this thread however....I am standing for church discipline as 1cor 5 lays it out. Many get offended at this teaching.

a few years ago.....we had to excommunicate a couple out from the church....

Everyone.....liked the people personally...however....one of the members left her unsaved husband, for the husband of another member....
    Mt 18 was employed.....but she would not let go off the sin...telling the Pastor that god wanted her to be happy???/ in adultery...she would not repent

They were put out....about a dozen people then left because they felt it was unloving to obey the scripture on this.Hopefully Andy Stanley will give some clarification that can be instructive for everyone. So far this is not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.