1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anger Management

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by greatday, Sep 17, 2003.

1. greatday

greatday New Member

I noticed in some postings that an angry person character assassinates the messenger because he doesn’t like the message. Such people need a course in anger management.

There are as many causes and expressions of anger or wrath as there are people. But a common element is usually lurking beneath anger: things are not turning out the way he had planned or desired. At first, this anger is usually directed toward others. But eventually, he begins to point a finger at God. Like Job's wife, when facing overwhelming anger, he wants to "curse God land die!" (Job 2:9).

Unfortunately, despite all the energy that is invested in anger or wrath, it doesn’t achieve much. And most importantly, the Bible says, " the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:20). Even worse, anger eventually seeks an outlet in hurtful actions, breeding more anger and creating a destructive cycle for his life.

Men are wise not to under estimate the power of anger. There is only one way to find lasting freedom from anger and hatred by yielding the control of his life to Jesus Christ and receiving a miracle and a change of heart and spirit. God’s word is unchanging:

"Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? "For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!" Ezekiel 18:31-32

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. "Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. Ezekiel 36:26-28

2. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Anger Management -- very funny movie. :D

My wife is an elementary school counselor and she loved it. [​IMG]