1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angry Christians

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old Union Brother, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

It seems to me that there seems to be a propensity of angry Christians. We as Christians should be the happiest people on earth. I don't understand all the anger.

We as Baptists have never agreed on all points. This does not justify anger. No one individual is always right. Just because of a disagreement does not make one person a stupid Christian or the other a wise one. Where is the Grace we are supposed to show each other?

I knew there was a reason I had quit posting very much here!

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Amen to what you posted here Brother, will one small exception: I wish you would post more......

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was telling someone this the other day. :laugh: And I don't know so much on this board if it's angry or just jaded, mean spirited folks who have thousands of posts and a posting style and they don't want anybody stepping into their territory.

There are some venomous personalities on here. And every now and then I have to check to see if I'm on the right board.

Politics/homosexuality/alcohol consumption seems to bring out the worst.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find that controlled debate & even conflict good if it is kept in line....it can clarify. But vilifying anothers faith because you dont agree with it....well thats another story entirely. Perhaps your right Old Union....perhaps distance away is whats really required.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oh yeah? WhyIouttayou!! I want to find where you live and "duke it out". If I ain't thar by next friday, start w/o me...:laugh: J/K Brother.

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I have noticed that the greatest failings out have been among those who are most erroneous in doctrine. Though I admit that some called Calvinists are the most quarrelsome set breathing, this is the reason—while they have the main part of the truth, many of them are leaving out something important, and therefore God chastices them because they are some of his best children. It may be a sign of life that they are so eager after truth, that they kill one another in order to get it; but I wish they would leave off their quarrelling for it is a disgrace to our religion. If they had more peace I might hope better for the progress of truth. Everyone says to me—"Look there at your brethren! I never saw such a set of cut-throats in my life. I never saw a church, where they have the gospel, where they are not always falling out." Well, that is nearly the truth, and I am ashamed to confess it." —Charles Spurgeon, "The God of Peace"

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine & Marine Corps brother was highly trained in the martial arts. When he got a job taking care of his dads garage in a bad part of town & he was there working one evening when 3 miscrients came in to rob him. This guy used his training to defend himself & killed all 3 guys. Later he was exonerated & allowed to complete his teaching career in high school.

You can push some people .....& other guys push back. Least thats what yo momma told me! :smilewinkgrin:

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Apparently those three failed art class, huh? You get it? Martial arts? You get.....oh forgettabouttit........:laugh: :D

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell your wife that you are not picking up any mo roadkill from the highway on the way home from work no mo. Too much opossum in your blood causes the brain to seize up....end result being lame jokes. :laugh:

But you are correct ....those fellars wont do it again.

#9 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  10. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Jud 1:3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. (NASB, emphasis mine)

We have some problems here.
    1. We rarely know how to contend earnestly for the faith very well.
    2. We mistake a spirit of unity for Unity of the Spirit. In other words, we think that Christians are supposed to be quiet and go along to get along and any variation is intolerant and unloving.
    3. We are angry over the wrong things.
    4. We don't know how to be angry (assuming for the right things) but not sin.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of curiosity brother....If you were told by someone that they do NOT consider Roman Catholics to be Christian....what would be your retort?

12. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I know many people who are honestly born-again Christians that have, for various reasons, chosen to fellowship with, and in accordance to, the Roman Catholic Church(RCC). These people are saved despite the numerous errors of the RCC. I pray for them to cut all ties to that cult while understanding that its God alone that can open their eyes to the pagan beliefs of the RCC.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just a clarification here ...

would the question be more like "Roman catholics are NOT treaching the true Gospel", so none can be saved by holding to their view of it?

14. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Part of it has to do with the format. You can't tell from reading a post the spirit in which it was written sometimes. Face to face conversations, which we hardly have anymore, are the best way to read body language, voice inflections, etc. Luke just apologized today for coming across harshly when he did not mean to do so. We rush our replies sometimes without thinking how they will be received. The other problem is that we are all still in the flesh, and wars and fightings come because we all want our way to be the right one. When we overreact to criticism, we are basically telling others that we might not think our position is as tenable as we project.

And then there is the anonymous thing. Most of us would never talk to people in person the way we post sometimes when we let our emotions carry the day. But it is easy to hide behind a keyboard and unleash on someone else.

Finally, your OP is a good one and I, for one, plan to be more careful in how I represent Christ in my posting.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope....not my question.