1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ann Coulter Strikes Again

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by JFox1, Oct 13, 2007.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

During an interview with CNBC's Donny Deutsch, who is Jewish, Ann Coulter stated that Jews need to be perfected by becoming Christians:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html

Considering many of the un Christian comments she's made recently, Ann Coulter needs to take a good look at herself first. :praying:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really know what she means by "perfected". If she means "saved", she is dead on.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Michael Savage has been on a rage about this, calling Coulter names I will not repeat. He has no idea about the Christian concept about spreading the Gospel. According to Savage, an evangelical Christian would be defined as a religious bigot!

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Ann Coulter could use some perfecting as well.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Isn't that what Christian Jews themselves called it (at least some years back)--being a "perfected Jew" once they believed in Jesus as the Messiah?

6. Chessic

Chessic New Member

To me, the only offensive thing about what she said is that it implies Christians are perfect, when, in fact, all people, Christian and Jew and otherwise are imperfect. But I do agree that Christ is the "perfecter of our faith" and, therefore, Jews and others can only perfect their faith in Him.

I recommend people watch the video of the entire interview rather than read snippets and talking points. The context is important here. The host badgered her over and over going from one topic to another to find something to be offended by, and eventually went to that old fall-back religion, taking something she said in the middle of a larger statement to focus on.

Imo, It is not a reasonable response to be offended when someone wants, in love, for you to understand the Source of all love, forgiveness, salvation, hope, power, and glory in the universe, especially when that Source has been what your religion has sought and yearned for for 4,000 + years. We are not talking about forced conversion or death, Muslim style, nor conversion by the false claim that you-can-continue-to-believe-what-you-want-only-add-our-beliefs-to-it, as the Catholic church does. Messianic Jews are as much Jew as Christian but have found the "author and perfecter" of their faith.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is a very simple answer to Ann Coulter. It is the same answer as the endless threads about Rush and Hannity. Here is a step by step procedure.

1. Locate the OFF button.
    2. Move hand to said button.
    3. Push or twist as applicable.

8. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I CAN'T STAND THIS WOMAN! Every time she opens her mouth, I feel sick! Sort of like I feel about Rush Limbaugh.

love,

Sopranette

9. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

When I was saved some 30 years ago (I am a Jewish believer in Jesus Christ), people called Jews who believed in Jesus either "Messianic" Jews or "completed" Jews. I'm not familiar with the term "perfected" Jews.

10. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

See? AS usual, Ann has no idea what she's talking about. Just like the time I saw her argue that Canadians never fought in Vietnam.

love,

Sopranette

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't look to Ann for theology, but as a tool to reprove liberalism.

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Perfected may be the wrong word. How about "completed" Jew?

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [off topic]
    Might this be the very exact reason Lib-talk has not succeeded via radio?[on topic]