1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Anointing With Oil

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by salzer mtn, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think the BIG difference between what the Bible teaches on this issue , and what some Charasmatics have, is that while there are no longer gifts to heal distyributed out among us, the Lord still does heal according to His will!

problem is that many in Charasmatic circles assume that its ALWAY His will to pjysically heal all sick in the Body right now!

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Amen, Yeshua. That is the crux of the issue, and why Christians everywhere should be very careful of how the anointing with oil is done. Charismatics believe if it is their will someone be healed, God will honor that, unless they "don't have enough faith." Ken Copeland, from what I understand -- and I'm repeating second- or third-hand information, so I can't validate it -- has told people who aren't healed, "Well, your faith is weak and until you get more faith, God isn't going to do anything for you."

Good grief, what a nonsense and hurtful thing to tell someone who is ill, disabled, or dying. These people do far more harm than good.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was in pentacostal church over a decade as an Elder, trained in their school,and while they did NOT see it as being always will of God, the modern Charasmatics do indeed see it as such!

They see BOTH propseprity/wealth and health in the shed blood of Jesus, so ANY not receiving all those promised blesings are either weak in faith, gross sinning, or else ignorant of their positions of being "King's Kids!"

And Copeland worst of the bunch, as he called God biggest loser in Bible, that Jesus died as a sinner, had to get born again in hell, and that we are just as much an incarnation of God as he was!

#43 Yeshua1, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Actually it's very easy to understand if we take it at face value. James implies that the oil is a conduit of God's grace. He says nothing to suggest it is either symbolic or medicinal.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well ....

.... I use the oil because the word says to anoint with oil, and I've never seen a verse or come across a teaching telling me not to!

Let me ask this. Why do we still use grape juice and crackers as symbols of the communion? Wouldn't it make sense simply to pray and visualize the elements of communion, after all we are NOW indwelt?

Oil, and it doesn't matter what kind of oil, just like what kind of elements used in communion, i.e., grape juice, grape soda, real wine, crackers, broken pieces of bread, unleavened bread, those little pellets. It is the symbolism and the faith in applying the element and following through in prayer that makes the elements so special!

That is MHO, you all can do as the Lord leads, and I'm sure God will honor it no matter what. Nevertheless, it is not wrong for a pastor to take the anointing of and with oil literally, because God will honor this too!

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great point TND ....

Been there done that .... and that is why I am no longer involved with those WoF people. I happen to have a few thorns in my flesh, that are there to stay, and I heard the guilt prayer sermons during the laying on of hands.

I believe that God heals, because I have been a recipient of a miracle, and I've seen my share of them, BUT, there are more times God has not healed on the commandof the preacher or his prayer team, and that does not mean a person is at a level of faith that prevents God from doing the work asked of Him!

That is a cop out by Copeland and Hinn and other WoF preachers and teachers, to soothe the embarrassment of laying hands on a person and watching them die, or remain sick!

I happend to believe God will use our thorns for His glory just like a miracle healing! I have a progressive neurological disease, asthma and diabetes! I've prayed more than three times to be rid of them, and they remained. All I got from God was, "My grace is more sufficient in your weakness," and I am here to tell you, He has more than proved that.

Now, can God remove these burdens of the flesh? Yes. And be it while I'm in this body, or upon my entrance to heaven, I look forward to the day of healing, it's just that one form of healing will still be temperal, while the other eternal! Thank God my new body will not know the problems this earthly vessel has!

Copeland, TBN, Hinn, Paula White, and others mean well, but if those under their ministry get ill and not get well when prayed for, they are punished, and usually end up kicked under the holy ghost bus!

This is exactly why I wrote my second book. I spent a long time enslaved to their guilt trips, and a longer time helping those who were hurt to the point of losing faith, to see that no matter what, our bodies are heading to death, in the fast lane, and that is normal! We all die of something, or at the hands of somebody or something. But nothing can take away from the believer the blessed hope of being in glory with a forever body that no longer is prone to disease, accidents or death!

WoF is an empty shell, all glitz, no substance! I'd rather have Jesus than the hype these men and women are selling as Gospel! :wavey:

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The WoF Heretics do not put the Will of God into it, as their teaching has us able to command the Lord what to do, as they state"even God is bound to obey His own Laws of faith!"

That is why hagin could write "Write your own ticket with God", and benny hinn declare 'we are gods"