1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Accreditation Question

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Paul1611, May 13, 2007.

1. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

Is there a big difference between ABHE, SACS, and TRACS? I have looked at a number of Bible Colleges and these seem to be the 3 that keep popping up. Would anyone recommend a ABHE accredited school over a SACS accredited school or TRACS over ABHE accredited school?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SACS is regional accreditation, and, as such, is generally the most respected among universities (i.e. credits are much more likely to transfer).

TRACS is national accreditation, which is good, but transferring may be problematic, depending on the policy of the university.

I don't know much about ABHE.

If the college is SACS-accredited, though, the others really don't make much of a difference.

3. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

ABHE (formerly American Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges) is a nationally recognized accreditor. As the first poster mentioned, regional accreditors usually are more respected. My undergrad school had ABHE accredidation when I started, and my degree was the first to be SACS accredited. I now attend Liberty's distance learning program, which is both regionally (SACS) and nationally accredited (TRACS). As long as you go to a school with both, I don't see that you can go wrong! :)