1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Catholic Question

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm concerned more about the potential for abuse of such a doctrine rather than the doctrine itself.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Matt...

And of course the "abuse", as you call it, has been fully embraced, promoted and glorified in the Church of Rome cult for centuries.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did you read posts #24, 25, 26 on page 3. Apparently not.

4. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

no...been awhile since i've been on BB...

In XC
    -

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Peggy...

That is 100% pure heresy. There is no atonement for sin that is available but though Christ. Not Mary. Its ideas that you just articulated that has caused the Catholics and Orthodox to be perpetuating pure, unadulterated goddess worship for all the world to see for all these centuries.

Mary was a sinner just like everyone of us are. God chose to use her to bring Christ physically into the world. That simple fact is where it ends regarding Mary.

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

When Peggy is speaking of atonement, I don't think she was referring to atonement as in forgiveness of sin. She probably meant it in a correctional sense such as, "I got up late this morning so I must work late as atonement for that lapse of work time." There are certain parallels between Eve and Mary that are undeniable. Even Albert Mohler recognizes them.
    And no, it doesn't end at the birth of Jesus. "From this time on, all generations will count me blessed."

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mary is a sinner - and has a sinful nature. Mary chose to obey in the case of the birth of Christ an act of the human cooperating with the Divine. But salvation is all of God - it was not Mary's idea - nor did she die on the cross nor he she in any since co-redeemer (redemptrix). Rather she is yet another sinner who in need of salvation herself calls Christ her Savior.

Eve had no sinful nature and was not sinner and needed no Savior. She then chose to sin and only after Adam ALSO chose to sin -- did all mankind enter a fallen condition.

If Eve had fallen "Alone" mankind would have survived "sinless". Only Eve would have sufferred in that case.

in Christ,

Bob