1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another chance after the rapture?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Butterflies4mami, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Butterflies4mami

Butterflies4mami New Member

Just wondering what folks here on the BB think on this subject!
    My home Pastor ( before I went to college) taught that if you heard & rejected a true account of the Gospel, you would not have a second chance after the rapture to be saved!
    At college my professor taught someone would.
    Laying aside that we would like to think folks would get a second chance, can anyone back one of these sides with Bible?
    In Christ,
    Peggy
    Is. 6:8

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    II Thes 2:10ff gives a clue:
    This is talking about the tribulation era (context) and the Beast/AntiChrist. Those who had the chance and rejected the Gospel would, have the revealing of the AntiChrist, will then believe THE LIE -- the AntiChrist = Messiah -- and would all be condemned because they did not believe.

Second chance after the Rapture is a myth of "Left Behind". Don't get your theology from a novel! Those who DO get saved in the Tribulation will be those who have not heard the Gospel now. 144k Jews + millions of Gentiles.

Others? (Mine is pure pre-trib interpretation)

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

It's simple for me since I'm not a "rapturist"! Anyway the idea of a "second chance" after the eschaton has commenced does not seem to fit into Jesus' plan. He wants people to profess Him because of true faith and not because of fear. :D

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In that scenario, is that because "whosoever will" would longer include them or would "whosoever will" still include them but they won't? :confused:

5. Butterflies4mami

Dr. Bob-
    My husband & I discussed this before we got married at college, since I for the first time heard a differing opinion of the subject! We both agreed my former Pastor was correct as we could tell from the Scriptures. We both have read the "Left Behind" novels, and read them for what they are: novels. Anywho, as always my hubby showed me verses that point out what you have, and that is the conclusion we came to.
    Goes to show you- be careful who you spend hours with discussing Scripture, you may end up married to them! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    In Christ,
    Peggy
    Is. 6:8

6. Chet

Chet New Member

2 Thess 2:8-12
    9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,

10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
    NIV

I too am pre-trib, but I disagree with Bob in his understanding of this passage. The perishing are those who have been deceived by the lawless one (anti-Christ) as he will use counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders. Paul tells us what will happen after the coming of the Lord in the rapture.

The second chance is sort of a misnomer of God working only in one way. We can’t have the concept that God picks a time to call someone to salvation and when they reject it He won’t/can’t do so again. As far as that goes, the working of the Holy Spirit may take several years. I.e. atheist who study the evidences may eventually, after time, accept the truth. The rapture does not end the “times of the Gentiles”, but does usher in different circumstances. If someone I have been witnessing to has awakened to the Tribulation and starts to see that what we had discussed is coming to pass, he may very well read the book of Revelation and become a believer. The likelihood of someone who continually rejects the truth to come to Christ after the rapture is less, because their heart is hard.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On our third "date", my (now) wife and I agreed to have a strong and frank talk about our doctrinal beliefs and "quirks", lest we totally disagreed and it could harm our future relationship.

I let her start and she hemmed and hawwed, then said that when she had gotten saved, she'd grown in the Lord reading FB Meyers, AW Pink and others and had grown to understand "grace" from God's perspective.

When she said "TULIP" I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. A rose could not smell so sweet! And we knew we were a match . . from eternity past.

8. Butterflies4mami

Dr. Bob-
    I remember TULIP, I believe I have what it stands for in the margins of one of my Bible's!I believe my Pastor had done a study on it.
    Well..... I looked all over, and can't find it! I must have it in one of my notebooks boxed away! Oh, well! I knew my Husband was a great find, when he and I decided we were not each others types, and would be "good friends", but having no one else that could sit and talk about Scriptures for hours after classes and still learn from each other everytime we talked, we came to our senses!God surely knows us better than we know ourselves! I sure am glad!
    In Christ,
    Peggy
    Is.6:8 [​IMG]

9. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

This is talking about the tribulation era (context) and the Beast/AntiChrist. Those who had the chance and rejected the Gospel would, have the revealing of the AntiChrist, will then believe THE LIE -- the AntiChrist = Messiah -- and would all be condemned because they did not believe.

Second chance after the Rapture is a myth of "Left Behind". Don't get your theology from a novel! Those who DO get saved in the Tribulation will be those who have not heard the Gospel now. 144k Jews + millions of Gentiles.

Others? (Mine is pure pre-trib interpretation)
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen Dr. Bob. See, we can agree. BTW, the only way to get saved in the tribulation period is to deny the mark of the beast.