1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another conspiracy...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by David Michael Harris, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.mooreexposed.com/911.html

http://www.slate.com/id/2102723/

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47174

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

A US war veteran who lost both arms in Iraq has sued Oscar-winning director Michael Moore for $US85 million, saying television clips were used without his permission in the anti-war documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 and gave a false impression that he opposed the war.

Sgt Peter Damon, 33, a supporter of President Bush and the Iraq war, claims Moore misused the the footage to portray him "in a false light" and as "disagreeing with the president about the war effort and as disagreeing with the war effort itself."

"It was kind of almost like the enemy was using me for propaganda. What soldier wants to be involved in that?" Sgt Damon told CBS's local television news affiliate. "I didn't lose my arms over there to come back and be used as ammunition against my commander-in-chief."
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1653439.htm

I havent heard of the outcome of the suit but discredited he has been for sure.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

First off - Michael Moore??? Suggesting a conspiracy? "Say it isn't so, Ethel!" :rolleyes:

Ah yes! As I've heard and also often said, especially about one of my closest friends,

"Never saw a conspiracy he didn't like!" :rolleyes:

Everyone should also know that -

"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone's not out to get you!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I find it very hard to believe myself but I must admit some element of doubt.

It's very interesting to say the least!

David

4. David Michael Harris

#24 David Michael Harris, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2006
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After watching this video i am reminded of a few things:

1. The American flag represents not a government but the American people. I remember not only was the flag flown so much more in NYC but it was all across the country. It should never be burned. This is a slap in the face to the American people.

2. We as humans pull our selves together in tough times. What will it take for Americans to stay in the very same mode that NYC was in after 9/11, on a regular basis? Most likely it will take those actions that drive us to fear God once again.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

This just does not make sence. If you don't believe it, then why trust it?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Here's a link to yet another video.

8. David Michael Harris

I just don't know!

Thats the problem.

9. David Michael Harris

F.E.A.R

False Expectations Appearing Real.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?

What rights have you lost?

11. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

anyone who beleives this garbage

Needs to be locked in a padded cell and the key thrown away! :rolleyes:

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Rev, I agree that the flag should never be burned "in scorn" as it were, and the way we see them in the news. However, damaged flags are to be destroyed by burning them, in a dignified manner, according to law.

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I can't believe it. I actually basically agree with TheWinDork on this one!

"ELIZABETH!" (Stagger, stagger!) "I'm comin' to join you, honey! It's the big one! It's finally happ...!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

14. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

:tongue3: I may be a KJV Packin', Fundamental, Baptist... But I do have a brain. (somewhere up there, under all that blubber... :p )
    and I can't believe I spelled "Believes" wrong. :tonofbricks:

I just hope nobody gets any weirdo ideas about me changing my stance towards that beady-eyed idiot in the White House. I cannot stand him... But I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job. If anything, it was a result of clinton's foul ups... ( he was too busy with those cigars... :eek: )

-WTD

#34 TheWinDork, Sep 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2006
  15. David Michael Harris

Lets see what history says. We have to wait for that.

I think the US Government should discredit the video point by point.

David

16. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Why? Just so you won't buy into this particular theory? As with most, those who believe will continue to do so no matter what evidence they see. Those who do not depend on others to do their thinking won't.

Which group do you wish to stay in?

17. David Michael Harris

Why? Light will shine in the end

Think of the burning of Rome by Nero for his purposes, I wonder how many people died there and if he cared. It's the world. The Christians were blamed for that so they could be persecuted. Just don't blank it, your leaders are not Christian in the true sense.

David

18. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

David -- the government did debunk this and other conspiracy theories. The 9/11 Commission results are not secret. When you've finished reading the results, you should understand.

If not, then continue seeking that which you have determined to find.

19. David Michael Harris

Nothing wrong with being determined in things. I have not read the full report I admit. How many pages is it and is it interesting? Does it mention that some of the hi-jackers as posted on the FBI site are still alive and if not why should I read further?

#39 David Michael Harris, Sep 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  20. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

The commission report is roughly 580 something pages and very interesting. It does mention the hijackers, however it does not mention them still being alive. That is kind of nutty seeing as how the passengers of the planes were identified via dental records (yes even the terrorists had them done).

It is an historical document. I found it to be very compelling. And if you read the book 'Without Precedence', youll also note how the commission was formed and what problems they faced and with whom.

I admit to being one of the first ones to roll my eyes at the formation of this commission. I thought it was merely an exercise of only the theraputic kind (and not a very good one either). What we found out did not lessen the sting of the events that unfolded that day, but it did illuminate the aura of hate that has been surrounding Americans for some time now which has been a good thing.

I havent been able to watch the video yet, it is still downloading and Im on a dial up (dsl hasnt installed yet). Im willing to give it due regard, but I warn you, I have read in depth on this matter, and will pretty much stick to a conservative viewpoint. I understand that the 9/11 commission was formed and funded by the congress largely due to the pressure of the families of lost loved ones on 9/11.

Having understood loss like that on a personal level, I can see where they are coming from. Yet there are still families that dont believe enough was done to save their loved ones, or that someone knew something that could have prevented the attacks in the first place.

Blaming one person, one agency, one administration, is a little too little and a little too late in a world where the only thing that would make any difference is for those loved ones who perished that day, to come back to us, alive and well, whole. However since that cant happen, we will always have someone detracting from the facts (logic) and inserting passion. It isnt one thing, its a bunch of one things, mixed with some complacency, some laws designed for another time, some routines that should have been more varied.

However these people perished, it will not matter. What matters is the indelible mark they have left on this planet. Even the terrorists are marked by them, in their blood. We can dwell on the events of the day until Jesus comes back for us all, but until that day, its just a distraction from living responsible, christian lives.