1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another False Teacher Arrested

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ben W, May 22, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Seems to be getting worse Ben...

Every time I look at newspaper or TV (or drive the cab come to think of it) I wonder how long God will allow this planet to go on like this. I wonder how close it must be to Him saying "Enough is enough!" I pray those involved will repent before He does say it...

Pete

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Both of the mentioned acts are indeed despicable. I do have a question about the second incident relative to Australian law. Am I understanding by the article that the man is being prosecuted and held accountable in Australia for acts (in my opinion, "crimes against humanity") committed in the Philippines? That is a very interesting law, if so.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wondered the same thing. Perhams there he will be extradited? I dunno. Just guessing.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm highly suspicious of the first story Ben linked. It sounds like hysteria feeding off of hysteria.
    Perhaps the man did have affairs and that is wrong.
    What in the world was she doing in a hotel room with him in the first place? Then he supposedly sexually assaults her, TWICE, she then goes into having a sexual relationship with him for a year, and then says he raped her.
    What it SOUNDS like, and I'm not saying it is, is he was a jerk, had sex with a few women, when the others found out they all threw fits and decided to get even by calling it assault and rape when in reality they probably were having a good old time while they thought they were the only ones.
    All of them appear to be of legal age.
    When men who work in factories behave like this they're called idiots, when men who work in churches do it it's called rape.
    I do understand that they have a higher responsibility to behave morally, but the laws of the state and the definitions of crime shouldn't change from person to person depending on who he is.
    Gina

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

USN2Pulpit & John V.

Australian law is sure to be different in places than the U.S law. Australians who commit sex crimes in Third World Countries are prosecuted. As in my opinion should be anyone from any country who thinks that they can go over to a third worlds country and sexually assult children because it is easy for them to get away with it there.

We have had real problems in the past with Child Molesterers being prosecuted in Australia and then taking trips to Thailand and continuing there abusive manner. Resultingly we had to make laws to stop this from occuring. I think this is how the Phillipine story relates.

Gina, I understand what you are saying, yet only a Rape Victim can really express how it can happen like this. People often try to say that this person is not innocent because they did XYZ thing.

We need to bear in mind exactly what control cult leaders can have over people over time. People know things are wrong, yet try to normalise behaviour in order to reassure themselves that things are o.k. Issues like this are an absolute sham, and we need to get these things dealt with. Beleive me, the police do not lay Rape Charges unless they have credible evidence to get a conviction.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Good point Ben, ty. [​IMG]

8. Pete

Pete New Member

Ben, I take it back, our government has done ONE good thing [​IMG]

Pete

9. Pete

Pete New Member

....And now on news tonight there was a report of an investigation into an alleged pedophile ring operating in the Anglican church across three states of Australia... :( :( :(

"Come, Lord Jesus!"

Pete

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What's more sick is that instead of continuing to prosecute child molesters it's likely that people will start pushing to have it be just another sexual preference. In fact that is already off to a big start, with the book "Boylove" that's been put out and accepted for sale by major companies!

Gina

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

i have heard on a few current affair type shows. peaodophiles trying to justify their actions. It is absolutley repulsive. People like this should never be released into the community.

12. Pete

Pete New Member

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. In the last week or so the New South Wales (state) government lowered the age of consent for homosexuality to 16 to bring it level with age of consent for "straight" sex.

They also claim to have toughened penalties for under-age acts...I doubt it though.

Before I left high school ('84) the "if it feels good do it" philosophy was taught. I don't think the curriculums would have improved since then. In one of today's newspapers there was an article about high schools that have a creche for teenagers' children :(

The governments claim to be against pedophilia, but actions speak louder than words.

Pete