1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Another raised up on camera!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by plain_n_simple, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I did watch the video. I didn't say it was faked.

It's probable that a mistake was made in presuming this man was actually dead.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. In the paramedic community, they are not "dead" until they are cold. :) This man had obviously collapsed and CPR was performed. What if it was the CPR that actually revived him? That's what it looks like on the video.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

As in: Just why was a video camera there?

4. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

If You Want Something REAL Off Of YouTube....

If I was that guy (assuming there was even the slightest chance that was real...and I doubt it) I'd be MAD that anyone had brought me back!!! Now...if you want something REAL off of YouTube......

Then try this INSTEAD:

GREER BAPTIST CAMP MEETING,DR LARRY BROWN, JUNE 29, 2012 - YouTube

That is Bro.Larry Brown from Victory Baptist Church of N.Augusta SC preaching at this year's Greer Baptist Camp Meeting in Greer,SC .

It is REAL and couldn't be faked. There was some "resurrectin' " going on but it sure wasn't the kind that helps this putrid flesh we are clothed in! When this body of mine dies...PLEASE....DO NOT even try to RESUSCITATE me. I do NOT want to come back here!:praying:

Bro.Greg:type:

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I found the vidios to be quite compelling. Very believable.

Could very will be true.

God did it 2000 years ago, and there is no reason that the might not do one in these times.

#25 Alive in Christ, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

When God resurrected Lazurus He didnt ask Lazurus if he wanted to be brought back. So I dought He will ask permission if He does one tomorrow or the next day.

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Brother Greg, there's a problem with the link you gave.

It's 1:00 am here and the rest of the folks are asleep. :sleeping_2:

It's not the time (maybe it is......) to turn up the volume on these speakers to hear those shouts of praise all over the house. :godisgood:

I couldn't sleep. Turned on the computer to pass some time, till I grow sleepy enough to go back to bed. That was a mistake. I sho ain't sleepy after that. And it's all your fault! Praise the Lord. :applause:

And thank you!

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Did anyone else notice the guy changed pants? In the beginning of the video, they were black. At the supposed resurrection, they were grey.
    There's no way to prove a resurrection by a you tube video.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: he had to look sharp for you tube:laugh:

10. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Amen and AMEN!!!

Bro....I'll be happy to take the blame for that kind of stuff...I am guilty,guilty,guilty !!!!:thumbsup: They YouTube'd the entire two week camp meeting by day and date and I got everyone of 'em flagged to my favorites list. Maybe I ought to light this place up by opening a new thread and posting a different one everyday!...What do you think? I know we often need something to get us back to reality about what all this is REALLY about...amen? Bro.Brown has ALWAYS been a tremendous blessing to my heart.

By the way Amy...good catch on the thing about the pants...I confess I didn't notice that.

Bro.Greg

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Keen eye there Sissy, and you being an elder stateswoman....or did you finally give up on vanity, and get them thar bifocals.....LOL....j/k with ya Sissy. I have them thar bifocals, too.....and I'm only 41.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow. Question the salvation of others who doubt the authenticity of what's portrayed in an internet video made by an untrusted source. Classy.

I hope you haven't bought any pieces of the True Cross.

#32 Arbo, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Last night I thought exactly the same thing. I cannot help but think that the reason why is that it was staged, not unlike the many videos of people cutting down trees that accidentally fall on the junk cars parked next to them.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never know...but...Ugh! Those people would have failed my CPR class. I bet I would have got a rise out of him if I had an AED to use on him. :smilewinkgrin:

15. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

After getting a little more sleep, I found this link that appears to have all of them listed. As time permits, I hope to watch all of them. http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...0.0.0.107.107.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.loAT_b7x_us

Lighting up this place, that's up to you. :) I'm thinking about suggesting the link you gave being shown at Wednesday night Bible study. It just might wake up a few of those I see nodding off. :sleep: Some nights our pastor may get a weak amen, when we should all be standing up and shouting AMEN! as he's teaching God's word.

Suspect we all need a little Biblical CPR to bring us back to LIFE. At least I know I need a good dose of it from time to time.

Praise the Lord, I saw the Light. :jesus:

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wanted to smack those guys!!!! LOL

17. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

When a person dies, often their bowels are loosed, this is why the pants were changed. The camera was there because it was some kind of conference, notice the tags people were wearing.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Were you there? There is nothing in the video that remotely implies "why" the pants were changed. I watched my father die and he didn't lose control of any bodily function except his heart beating.

19. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Often, not every time. I rejoice that this man was raised from the dead. If he was not dead, he was healed by that pastor, and I rejoice!

It is difficult for unbelievers.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not an unbeliever in the Sovereign God and the Lord Jesus Christ. I am an unbeliever in false testimonies.

Plain n simple, what do you know about this "pastor"? What are his doctrines? What is his testimony of salvation? How does he live out his faith? What was the condition of the man before he "died"? Was he on drugs or drunk? Did he have a heart attack? Was he diabetic? What reasons can you give for trusting this video?
    I can make a video and put it on you tube also. Does that authenticate my healing powers?